1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue Game Is Crashing During Mine Cut-Scene

Discussion in 'Support' started by Britney_Spears, Jun 12, 2018.

1. Britney_Spears

Britney_Spears Lucky Number 13

Hey there, I've just started playing recently. In the morning, my character received a letter from Joja stating that they had cleared the landslide north-east of the community centre. I went to take a look, and entered the mine; upon entering, a cut-scene of some old man in an eye-patch began playing. As soon as his dialogue appeared, the game crashed. I've visited the scene again, and the same error occurred. Does anyone have a solution that will allow me to watch the cut-scene?

• Mizzion

Mizzion Phantasmal Quasar

Britney_Spears likes this.
    • One More Day

One More Day Cosmic Narwhal

If, like me, you are uncomfortable with the idea of playing around with the code, I've found out that if you hit the skip button quickly, as soon as the cut scene begins, before he has a chance to talk, the game will continue after the scene so you can go and mine, although it does mean that you miss out on seeing the cut scene

He says something to the effect that there's plenty of good ore down there, but because it has been untouched for a long time, ore is not the only thing you would find (implying monsters). He then gives you a weapon, a rusty sword, and iirc, he then says he'll be keeping an eye on your progress.