1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed Game is broken. Please help if possible. RESOLVED

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Xavier Darkheart, May 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xavier Darkheart

Xavier Darkheart Pangalactic Porcupine

1.PNG 2.PNG 3.PNG This is the entire mod folder.

2. Wurmheart

Wurmheart Subatomic Cosmonaut

You weren't kidding, that's gonna take a bit to plow through.

3. Xavier Darkheart

I have a guilty pleasure with modding. :p

4. Wurmheart

I see 3 wrongly unpacked mods so far,
    Troll, SMEE & XSmech seem to unpacked into the entire folder. .modpacks are supposed to bein their own folder usually. read them just in case.

You shouldn't have dungeons/items/npc's/projectiles/movies/music/codex and those assets folders like that, they're probably of those 3 mods.

5. Xavier Darkheart

Those mods had been around for ages before this issue, and it was how they unpacked themselves. Something I was told to do, and they worked fine.

6. Wurmheart

Alright, i'll keep on looking then. Not used to that style. They didn't overwrite each other right?

7. Xavier Darkheart

What do you mean overwrite?

8. Steam Pirate

Steam Pirate Space Kumquat

...unpacked... themselves? They are sentient beings?

A file gets replaced by another one.

9. Wurmheart

You didn't get a message saying file ,treasure in starbound.mod already existed, do you want to overwrite it when unpacking them?

10. Xavier Darkheart

Oh. None of my files overwrite another, except when installing a newer version, overwriting the older.I always make sure to check that kinda thing.

11. Wurmheart

k good.

I'm going to need to write this down, so i'll edit it in as i go.

ACCM only alters title & windowconfig interfaces.
    Variety is one to watch out for, it alters dungeon.treasurepools, player.config, liquids.config, worldgen.config and celestial. Despite using merger i know worldgen and player both don't play nice when there's several versions of that file. Also a few bits of fuel/cockpit related interface.
    AdvancedWeaponizer has player.config and basic.treasurepools + generalnpctreasure.treasurepools. rest should be good.
    Alius is just the player.config.
    Lazarus, Dungeoneer are both dungeon mods. so worldgen.config.
    Felins also uses worldgen for a microdungeon.
    Rise of the hylotl uses the basic treasurepools, including fish. Along with worldgen. planetgen should be fine.

Which mod is anime btw?

Avali, that's also troublesome. It has both dungeons and world gen. Which last time i checked also had issues with other microbiomes. Might be fixed though, but probably not yet. and player.config ofc.

Last edited: May 4, 2014
  12. Xavier Darkheart

Anime is part of a music modpack. ACCM, and Variety are safe, I removed them to try a launch. So is Weaponizer. Avali is safe too. Y'know this may be easier over something like Skype, so we don't have to keep reloading the forum. I could also just send you the files to dig through.

13. Wurmheart

Safe yes, but will still cause overlap.
    wordgen.config (mostly the microdungeons i'm aware off), player.config and .treasurepools altering the same segment tend to invalidate other versions of the same file. You'll likely end up with missing recipes, missing micobiomes and some items not dropping.
    And i'm just listing the more non compatible things they alter for now, not pointing out anything in specific yet.

14. Xavier Darkheart

I was just saying that when removed the issue stayed, so it likely wasn't those mods.

15. Wurmheart

Alright Troll, SMEE & XSmech do look properly installed, but they're modpacks.
    So the item, npc, projectile folders etc shouldn't belong to them, and i don't see a .modinfo either.
    Do you know how you got those specific folders there?

16. Xavier Darkheart

Gonna be honest I don't. They are folders that have been there for ages, and never did any harm, so to avoid breaking whatever they came with, I leave them around.

17. Wurmheart

Try just displacing them to a non starbound folder for a bit, they shouldn't be called upon at all but might cause a error.

18. Xavier Darkheart

Oh. These are from the Lazarus mod. Yeah I need these. I opened them and looked, likely should have done that when you asked...

19. Wurmheart

Ahh my first error, not quite the one i was hoping for though.
    error1.png

Found the culprit for this one, DragonbalSB to be precise. try removing that one for a second.

20. Xavier Darkheart

lol that was my first one too. Next I think you'll hit a quadruped one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.