1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue Game in beta version cannot launch under Mac system

Discussion in 'Mac / Linux Bug Reports' started by azzza, Jul 20, 2018.

1. azzza

azzza Space Hobo

I posted the same topic in steam community but i register this account hoping someone could fix the problem :(

Could someone fix my problem? I use a macbook pro and tried to play the beta version. But after installation i could not enter the game (it marked as "running" but there is no window appearing and automatically it got back like nothing happening)

I downloaded a SMAPI to look what happens. it marks as:
    File name: 'StardewValley, Version=1.3.6768.28794, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'
    [ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'StardewValley, Version=1.3.6768.28794, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.

I knew the official version will be released next month but i desperately want to play multiplayer mode with my friend. if someone could fix it i will be very grateful.

My OS is 10.13.6. My friend use the same system but she can play the beta.
    I reinstall the game for several times but still does not work.
    The BuildID is 2948821.

• MysticTempest

MysticTempest Spaceman Spiff

The SMAPI error looks like it's missing a file. You can first try, verifying your files.

Instructions for verifying files:

Right click Stardew Valley in your Steam Library.
      Then select 'Properties' from the popup.
      After that a new 'Properties' window should show up.
      Go to the 3rd tab, 'Local Files', and select; "Verify Integrity of Game Files".

Then if that doesn't work. Can you post the regular error log that SDV generates. Make sure not to install SMAPI yet.
      Can be found here:
      • Linux and Mac: ~/.local/share/StardewValley/ErrorLogs