1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Resolved Game Freezing

Discussion in 'Support' started by Starleaf, Mar 6, 2020.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starleaf

Starleaf Intergalactic Tourist

Hi! I've been playing SDV on my PC ever since the game came out. I bought it on GOG, and I've updated SDV to the latest version (1.4.5). I don't play with any mods. I've never had any serious problems with crashes or freezes before.

I started a new game/save today. (Well, several, trying to fix the following issue.) On the third day of Spring 1, I try to spend the day fishing at the beach. I manage to do so for a while, and then the game freezes. The memory/ram usage goes way over what SDV normally uses (like a memory leak). This has never happened before.

Granted, my computer is old and has only 3.5 gigs of usable ram. But like I said in the first paragraph, I've never had this issue on any of my saves before -- including a multiplayer game I have with a friend (I'm the host).

I've uninstalled the game and reinstalled it. I've deleted the new saves I made today and tried a new one, but the same problem occurred on day 3. And thereafter, even if I don't fish, the game freezes on the third day (with the same overuse of ram). I have no idea how to fix this. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thank you!

Edits to add/update: I posted this issue at the SDV Reddit "Bug Report" post, too. But I just tried a new save/game where I didn't fish on the third day. I fished at at the lake in Cindersnap Forest on the fourth day, and the game didn't freeze. On the fifth day, I fished at the ocean, along the shoreline, and the game didn't freeze. And that's when I stopped playing to update this message.

UPDATE #2: The game froze again. Day 7. Morning. I clicked on the TV to check the weather, and the game froze. Ram usage of the game was, again, over .6 gigs when the freeze happened.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2020
    • Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

• Starleaf

Starleaf Intergalactic Tourist

Hi, Pangaea! Thanks! I posted there, too. Turns out, though, that it was my computer. My ram had gone bad. I replaced it (and the hard drive), reinstalled e v e r y t h i n g, and the game works fine again. This issue is resolved.

• Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

Marking as resolved and closing.

Thread Status:
        Not open for further replies.