1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue Game freezing when running SMAPI

Discussion in 'Mac / Linux Bug Reports' started by kadraves, Dec 23, 2018.

1. kadraves

kadraves Space Hobo

Good afternoon.

After not playing Stardew for a while, my game had updated. Upon launching it for the first time since the update, my Terminal had told me to update to SMAPI 2.9.3. I downloaded it, installed it and proceeded to start a new save file. I also went ahead and updated all I could make it through all of the intros of the game, but then when it came to actual gameplay, the game just froze. No cursor movement and black screen, so in order to get out of the app, I have to force quit. I tried all of what I thought was normal troubleshooting... restarted computer, uninstalled and reinstalled Stardew, as well as uninstalled and reinstalled SMAPI and all of the mods. I'm going to try completely uninstalling Mono as well and maybe just wiping everything and then starting from scratch to reinstall. Has anyone had any issues with this? Anybody had any luck fixing it? Here's what my SMAPI says throughout the whole process:

Last login: Sun Dec 23 15:10:49 on ttys000

Kathleens-Air:~ katie$ /Users/katie/Library/Application\ Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Stardew\ Valley/Contents/MacOS/StardewModdingAPI.bin.osx ; exit;

[SMAPI] SMAPI 2.9.3 with Stardew Valley 1.3.32 on MacOS Unix 18.2.0.0

[SMAPI] Mods go here: /Users/katie/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Stardew Valley/Contents/MacOS/Mods

[SMAPI] Starting game...

Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 413150

Steam_SetMinidumpSteamID: Caching Steam ID: 76561198401553251 [API loaded no]

[SMAPI] Loaded 6 mods:

[SMAPI] CJB Cheats Menu 1.18.3 by CJ Bok | Simple in-game cheats menu!

[SMAPI] CJB Item Spawner 1.11.2 by CJ Bok | Simple in-game item spawner!

[SMAPI] Console Commands 2.9.3 by SMAPI | Adds SMAPI console commands that let you manipulate the game.

[SMAPI] Lookup Anything 1.20.1 by Pathoschild | View metadata about anything by pressing a button.

[SMAPI] NPC Map Locations 2.3 by Bouhm | Shows NPCs and farmers on the map. Uses a modified map page for accurate tracking.

[SMAPI] Save Backup 2.9.3 by SMAPI | Automatically backs up all your saves once per day into its folder.

[SMAPI] Type 'help' for help, or 'help <cmd>' for a command's usage

Killed: 9

logout

Saving session...

...copying shared history...

...saving history...truncating history files...

...completed.

[Process completed]

Let me know what you think. Any help would be appreciated. :)

-Katie