1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue Game freezes/crashes in museum

Discussion in 'Mac / Linux Bug Reports' started by aileron9, Sep 6, 2018.

1. aileron9

aileron9 Void-Bound Voyager

I've played over 50 hours on Stardew Valley with no issues, but recently I began having semi-random game freezes where the music continues but all else is frozen and the cursor disappears/is replaced by the Mac spinning beachball. My entire computer is frozen and I have to shut it down. It happens under several different circumstances but the most reproducible one is on entering the museum and going up to talk to Gunther with new items for donation in my inventory. The game crashes immediately upon approaching the desk.

In my original savefile, this began happening only during summer year 2 when I had donated many items already, so I thought perhaps it was a performance issue with too many things in the museum. However, I started a brand new game and the problem started again after donating only ~5 items.

Things I've tried: uninstalling/reinstalling Stardew Valley and SMAPI, running without any mods, checking integrity of game files in Steam.

This is on Mac OS Sierra (10.12.6), Stardew Valley 1.3.28, and SMAPI 2.7. BuildID is 3021943. SMAPI Error log is attached but doesn't seem to contain anything relevant. Also attached is the output from SMAPI in the terminal window as shown after restarting my computer and restoring, which may be more helpful.

Attached Files:

• binky62

binky62 Space Hobo