1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Game freeze (1.3)

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by MajsterUopata, Aug 19, 2017.

1. MajsterUopata

MajsterUopata Void-Bound Voyager

Hi! I've got a problem. I'm playing with FrackingUniverse, FrackingRaces, Elithian Races and Xbawks of course. And after some time of playing my game freezes. I can move, enemies animations are still going, but i can't open crates etc, and only solution to solve this problem is killing a game process :/ In addition i see that its heppening especially when im playing missions like "Erhius factory". Dear people, can u help me with that problem?

I deleted Elithian and Xbawks and this still happens when i meet first human in Erhius mine... I tried on two devices it's happening on both. FrackingRaces and FrackingUniverse aren't compatible with 1.3.2 or with each others or what? I don't understand :/

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2017
  2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Can you provide your starbound.log located in the storage folder of your starbound install?

~ Iris ~

3. MajsterUopata

This one?

Attached Files:

4. Iris Blanche

What are your specs?

~ Iris ~

5. MajsterUopata

I5 2400 3.1Ghz, 8GB RAM and GTX 760 2GB

6. Iris Blanche

What other software runs beside starbound?

~ Iris ~

7. MajsterUopata

Only Nvidia Options

8. Iris Blanche

Every software is important to know such as steam and stuff. Everything that runs beside starbound which is not OS related. It doesn't seem to be an error with starbound here so it is most likely some other software which interferes.

~ Iris ~

9. MajsterUopata

Hmmm, strange. I'll close every program in tasks manager which isn't essential and i'll write what's happening

Ok, i closed everything that i can aaand.. That happened again in the same place, but i decided not to kill process, and game started to respond again after about 15 sec or more. I finished whole Erhius quest and that didn't heppened again. I don't know what is reason of these freezes, but if waiting is the solution, i can get over it :d Thanks for help mister!

Or miss, haha :d

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2017
  10. Iris Blanche

Please avoid double or even triple posts. I merged your posts.

Regards
    Iris Blanche

11. MajsterUopata

I'll remember, thanks!

12. MajsterUopata

I don't want to do a new post, so i'll post here. I wanted to beam down on a wasteland planet (i've done that once without problems) and i have message from screen every time when i want to play my character.

Attached Files:

13. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

Go into your storage folder and delete the file associated with that world. Its file name is the coordinates of the world, so take note.

14. MajsterUopata

Okey, thanks!

15. Micktu

Micktu Space Hobo

Hello from 2018.

To anyone freezing at the logo, menu, or shortly after launching the game with one of the latest NVIDIA drivers: disable Threaded Optimization for Starbound in NVIDIA Control Panel.
    Found by trial and error, fixed the problem for a few people, should be the working solution.
    [​IMG]