game doesn't start

Discussion in 'Mods' started by suzannemonroe, Mar 31, 2016.

1. suzannemonroe

suzannemonroe Scruffy Nerf-Herder

my game doesn't start i only get a blackscreen with & without SMAPI i don't know what i messed up :(

Last edited: Mar 31, 2016
    • Jinxiewinxie

Jinxiewinxie Farmer Fashionista

Easy way! Just backup your entire Contents folder somewhere and then delete it. Then go to Steam and then right click your game and choose Properties>Local Files> Verify Integrity of Game Cache button. Next, backup this new save somewhere and don't mess with the files. You'll always have a backup of clean ones ^_^

Attached Files:

• suzannemonroe

thank you! but now i think it was not maru's fault :nope: my game doesn't start i only get a blackscreen with & without SMAPI i don't know what i messed up :(

• Jinxiewinxie

Uh oh! Maybe do that backup of your Content folder and redownload all the files from Steam to just start fresh. Then you can add things back one by one to find the issue.

• suzannemonroe

tried that & it's still not working? i just don't get it. it's now completely mod & retexture free, everything is back to normal & i still only get a blackscreen.

changed title & description of this thread, maybe someone can help me?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2016
            • Jinxiewinxie

Is *everything* fresh? Like you don't have SMAPI and you're loading the game from the .exe in the Stardew folder?

• suzannemonroe

it's working again :nuruhappy: it was the ''startup_preferences'' file in the appdata stardewvalley folder, i deleted it (but i made a backup first :D) & then started the game & it worked :)

• Jinxiewinxie

Glad its fixed!