1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue Game does not start at all - Tried ALL fixes

Discussion in 'Support' started by Skycatcher, Nov 16, 2017.

1. Skycatcher

Skycatcher Void-Bound Voyager

I just bought Stardew Valley as part of the HumbleBundle. There were 27 games in total and I do not have a problem with a single one; Except Stardew Valley.

The game does not start at all. Not from Steam, not from the folder directly, not in administrator mode, not with compatibility,..
    I have checked for solutions both online and in this forum, but even though I followed ALL of the advice and did EVERYTHING people said might help - There is no change.

It might be interesting to note that there is and has never been a 'Stardew Valley' folder in my %AppData%/Roaming or anywhere in Appdata at all. This should be the case, seeing as some of the advice is directed towards that.

I have a Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
    Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
    My graphics card is a NVIDIA Geforce GT540M with the newest driver

I deleted and re-installed Direct X 9, Microsoft XNA (multiple times from website and game folder), all the Microsoft Visual C++ programs and the game itself.
    There is no change at all.

Sometimes, there is an error message from Microsoft with apparently helpful data(?):
    C:\Users\Worldcarrier\AppData\Local\Temp\WERAF81.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml
    C:\Users\Worldcarrier\AppData\Local\Temp\WERE061.tmp.appcompat.txt
    C:\Users\Worldcarrier\AppData\Local\Temp\WERE091.tmp.mdmp

Maybe you know what I have to do with those files?
    Please try to help; Stardew Valley was the main reason I bought the Bundle..

UPDATE:

I verified, uninstalled, reinstalled and verified again a few times and now there is a Stardew Valley Folder in %appdata% with only about a dozen error logs. No startup_preferences still.

But at least I have error logs now. The most recent ones say:

[The index was outside the array-area [translated by me]]

InnerException:
    Stack Trace: bei CoCreateInstance(_GUID* , IUnknown* , UInt32 , _GUID* , Void** )
    bei XACT3CreateEngine(UInt32 dwCreationFlags, IXACT3Engine** ppEngine)
    bei Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Audio.UnsafeNativeMethods.Engine.CreateHandle(String string, Int32 length, UInt32 lookahead, String rendererId, Int32& destinationChannelCount, IntPtr& pCleanupData, IntPtr& p3DAudio)
    bei Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Audio.AudioEngine..ctor(String settingsFile, TimeSpan lookAheadTime, String rendererId)
    bei StardewValley.Game1.Initialize()
    bei Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
    bei StardewValley.Program.Main(String[] args)

Any idea how to proceed?

Last edited: Nov 17, 2017
    • RoraBorealis

RoraBorealis Void-Bound Voyager