1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Game Crashing Sword!!

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Tourmaline03, Oct 4, 2017.

1. Tourmaline03

Tourmaline03 Aquatic Astronaut

I don't really need any help, I just want people to know about a really odd bug ive encountered.

So, I started playing after not for a while. I'm looking for these Floran clues and im on some forest world. I end up clearing a laboratory and I found a chest. Within the chest is some pixels and this cool looking sword. It looked pretty sick and had some special thing called giant sword and I wanted to test it. As soon as i place it in my hotbar the game crashes and has some fatal error. I played again and went to the same chest and the sword was no longer there. That was sunday evening im pretty sure. I havent played since then so I got on, finished clearing the lab, and kept exploring the planet. I find a frog village and im looting it and what not. I open a chest and there it is. That sword. I pick it up, drag it to my hotbar, and boom. It crashes. Im pretty confused and a little annoyed but its not a huge deal. I don't remember the name of the sword except it was a two handed one and has an ability called giant sword.

If anyone else finds this issue let me know just in case it crashes their game too.

2. Tourmaline03

Tourmaline03 Aquatic Astronaut

update: its stuck in my hotbar. i cant hover my mouse over it or use it or the game crashes. so i guess its stuck forever

3. Arcadoof

Arcadoof Star Wrangler

I reccomend you salvage what you can from your inventory, put it in a chest, save the coordinates of the planet in a .txt files create a new character and go back to that chest. You will forever lose the glitched sword.

It sounds like it has corrupted Json data.
    There's no way to fix that without an inventory editor or starting a new character.

4. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

@Tourmaline03 it is most likely this "spear bug". Can you provide me your player file? I'd like to take a look on this weapon in the playerdata itself. I can remove it from your hotbar too if you want.

~ Iris ~

5. Arcadoof

Arcadoof Star Wrangler

That sounds better than creating a new profile after putting his inventory in a chest