1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue Game crashing/Save game no longer playable

Discussion in 'Support' started by AKGhost, Mar 1, 2016.

1. AKGhost

AKGhost Void-Bound Voyager

Hello concernedape! First and foremost, I absolutely love the game! It brings such nostalgia from Harvest Moon! Let's get down to brass tacks however; the subject says it all, I have a bug report to give you. Makes my current save unplayable, I have become unable to continue the game due to my marriage day with Abigail triggering. My games kind of seems like it wants to trigger it, and flashes the black screen slightly, then acts like it goes to a normal day then crashes, every time. I'm not sure if it had anything to do with it, but I gave Abby a bouquet before I triggered her 8 heart event, although she did have 8 hearts, then I triggered the event, and gave her another bouquet which she accepted as well. I then proceeded as normal to meet the marriage requirements and got her to accept the amulet and staged the marriage to take place in 3 days, as a note that would mean the 23rd of Fall Year 1 would be my marriage date, which falls on a tuesday, which is supposed to be sunny if any of that is of importance. As of now though I'm stuck with making an alternate game until I can play my current save again.

Thanks for you time and dedication to such a great undertaking!

Thank you again very much for bringing me such joy from making this game and thank you for your time.

P.s. If you need a crash log, I'll need some help in obtaining one, as I'm not sure where they're stored or how to log one if you have to use a 3rd party program to log them. Thanks again!

• AKGhost

AKGhost Void-Bound Voyager

Edit: Crash log is as follows:
      Message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
      InnerException:
      Stack Trace: at StardewValley.Farmer.setRunning(Boolean isRunning, Boolean force)
      at StardewValley.Game1.checkForRunButton(KeyboardState kbState, Boolean ignoreKeyPressQualifier)
      at StardewValley.Game1.UpdateOther(GameTime time)
      at StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime)
      at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
      at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.HostIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
      at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameHost.OnIdle()
      at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.RunOneFrame()
      at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
      at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
      at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
      at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
      at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
      at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
      at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Run()
      at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
      at StardewValley.Program.Main(String[] args)

I've tried 4 times, every time getting the same exact crash report so I'll only post it once. :3

Hopefully this helps!

• ConcernedApe

ConcernedApe Stardew Valley Dev Developer

I'm glad you're enjoying it : ) I think I may have fixed it, hopefully should work in the next build!

nictuku likes this.
        • jeremyloveskiwi

jeremyloveskiwi Void-Bound Voyager

I have almost the same bug. When I try to load my main save, the game crashes. The other save loads well. I've also played it for 10+ hours and it's so frustrating when your saves get corrupted :nurusad:

• Cakemancoockie

Cakemancoockie Aquatic Astronaut

I have the same problem when i click "load" or it tries to save it crashes?

• Yusuke Urameshi

Yusuke Urameshi Space Kumquat

Can you upload your save file?