1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Game crashes when trying to beam to planet

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by MidRaidAFK, Aug 21, 2016.

1. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Thanks for the information. I'm taking a look into it. Strange one is that the .fail file doesn't have a new generated file.

~ Iris ~

2. MidRaidAFK

MidRaidAFK Space Hobo

Thanks for your help. I normally play with a friend. Do you think they will still be able to access the planet? If the rest of the game works fine I could see scrapping 1 planet out of however many there are total. It would become even easier if my duo can access the planet and our equipment so we could move it.

3. Iris Blanche

What mods does your friend use?

~ Iris ~

4. MidRaidAFK

MidRaidAFK Space Hobo

The same. Only 'FU' as far as I know. We only recently started playing.

5. Iris Blanche

Hm...when i delete the world file for this planet everything is working. Also the failing world (where you get this error) is a proto world for me not forest.

~ Iris ~

6. MidRaidAFK

MidRaidAFK Space Hobo

Would that be worth a shot for me too then? Just delete the file that is 'FAIL'?

7. Iris Blanche

Well you will loose everything on the planet so keep that in mind. Affected file name for said planet is: -183187995_250726423_47681106_4.world Alternatively delete the universe.chunks to make sure the current universe chunk is generated right.

~ Iris ~

8. MidRaidAFK

MidRaidAFK Space Hobo

As an update, the friend that I play with just logged in and I asked him to try and get to the planet. He was logged out in base/on planet and his game kept crashing. It eventually put him on his ship and he tried one last time to beam to planet and got this message http://i.imgur.com/xg9CD2Q.png.

9. Iris Blanche

:eek: that's an pretty interesting information which can possibly help to solve this issue. So there must be a material (in FU or even in another mod) that doesn't exist anymore. This information is extremly necessary: did your friend (or you) build something at this base when using a mod that has been removed?

~ Iris ~

10. MidRaidAFK

MidRaidAFK Space Hobo

Neither of us has used any other mod but 'FU'. Our base wasn't complicated at all. Literally dirt brick walls/farms/basic items/and all our machinery/crafting stations. No complex items from other mods or anything like that. Now currently he is stuck because he's still 'on planet' but crashes him every time he tries to connect/load.

11. Iris Blanche

Gimme a sec. i think i found a way to fix your world ^-^

~ Iris ~

12. Iris Blanche

Well...it seems that there was another mod too. Because i created said material and now i get the error for another material. Are you 100% sure you didn't use another mod? I can't imagine that FU or Starbound itself remove materials.

~ Iris ~

13. MidRaidAFK

MidRaidAFK Space Hobo

Yes. I am 1000% certain that I have never used any other mods. I've only been playing ~1 week and started using FU Wed or Thur with my buddy. This is something I didn't notice before but we both have combined maybe 2000 'Perfectly Generic Item' from I guess FU items not being recognized? I don't know item for item what those would have been but is there some way to recover those?

14. Iris Blanche

Recovering must be done via commands or use /admin and craft them again for free. On saturday there was an upate on FU. Maybe it could be related and would also explain your issue with the 2k PGI.

~ Iris ~

15. Blixt

Blixt Void-Bound Voyager

Could you try this world file? I ran it through my repair script. Remember to backup any files before overwriting them!

Attached Files:

16. Iris Blanche

I always use an extra config when testing. My "main-universe" is stored seperate from the testing config ;)
    Had to setup the setting that's why it took a bit time >v< I suppose the planetfile is working. But maybe the spawnpoint isn't correct (i can't say for sure though since it's not my file)

Edit: aaaaaand i totally missed that it is another topic (curse you tabbed browsing... >w<)

~ Iris ~