1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Game crashes when trying to beam to planet

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by MidRaidAFK, Aug 21, 2016.

1. MidRaidAFK

MidRaidAFK Space Hobo

Each time I try to beam down to a certain planet the game crashes. I seem to be able to visit any other planet and other beam locations just fine. This is a little annoying since it happens to be my 'base' planet.

I'm using the 'Frackin Universe' mod. Also I tried to setup a dedicated server this morning before the issue. Not sure if that would cause this but it's just more information. My only other character save seems to be working fine also.

starbound.png

2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Please attach a full copy of your starbound.log as well as your specs.

~ Iris ~

3. MidRaidAFK

MidRaidAFK Space Hobo

Sorry about that. I have an i5-6600k, R9 390x. I use Windows 10.

I've attached my .log and there are also 5 more in the directory. Are those important as well? They are all named "starbound.log.1" up to "...log.5"

Attached Files:

4. Iris Blanche

Yes i'll need the other ones too. This log doesn't show any error.

~ Iris ~

5. MidRaidAFK

MidRaidAFK Space Hobo

I uploaded them in order 1-5. The upload wouldn't let me without changing the file name.

Attached Files:

6. Iris Blanche

You uploaded 5 times the same log. Put them all in a zip file and attach this instead.

~ Iris ~

7. MidRaidAFK

MidRaidAFK Space Hobo

Haha. Wow I'm a really bright guy.

Attached Files:

8. Iris Blanche

Did you use any other mods before this happened?

~ Iris ~

9. MidRaidAFK

MidRaidAFK Space Hobo

No I've never used any other mod but 'FU'.

10. Iris Blanche

What did you place when the world was working properly?

~ Iris ~

11. MidRaidAFK

MidRaidAFK Space Hobo

Just last night/this morning. I probably logged off at around 2 a.m. and spent most of my game time setting up my 'base' on this certain planet. The only thing I did since that point was try to launch a dedicated server and join it. I couldn't figure it out so I gave up and went back to play solo and then this crash kept happening. I 'verified the integrity of game cache' from Steam hoping that might help but it didn't.

12. MidRaidAFK

MidRaidAFK Space Hobo

I'm sorry misread that. I don't remember any build specifics. The last thing build was probably a 'moth trap' or two. The game also didn't insta-crash at any point. It was only after I tried to beam back to planet this afternoon.

EDIT: Actually I think I upgraded our workbench last. I was mining titanium on another planet and returned and upgraded it.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2016
  13. Iris Blanche

I think that i saw this issue somewhere before but i don't know which topic it was...and if i remember right there was also FU used. Which "main biome" has the affected planet and which sector size does it have? If you can't determine the biome name just give me the description of it displayed in the nav.

~ Iris ~

14. MidRaidAFK

MidRaidAFK Space Hobo

"Leafy trees abound in this forest location. The area is hospitable to life, my database indicates that you may encounter woodland creatures." The planet size says 4000 sectors.

15. Iris Blanche

So it's a medium forest planet. I think we can exclude FU then. Still it's somehow a lightning error...try /admin and then /fullbright before beamdown.

~ Iris ~

16. MidRaidAFK

MidRaidAFK Space Hobo

starbound2.png This is the new error that shows up :(. Do I need to upload a new starbound.log?

17. Iris Blanche

Whoa...that's a strange error. Yes please attach the log too (but i'm doubting that it will show more info).

~ Iris ~

18. MidRaidAFK

MidRaidAFK Space Hobo

Those 5 extra starbound.logs all have updated times so I just threw everything in another .zip.

Attached Files:

19. Iris Blanche

As i expected no further information...i suppose it is some tile/material that can't get it's hue shift (i don't know if light calculations are done before). But i'm completly unsure since these all are hardcoded functions. Can you provide me the world file of the affected planet? The name should be something with the X-Coord and Y-Coord at the beginning. I'd like to do some testing.

~ Iris ~

20. MidRaidAFK

MidRaidAFK Space Hobo

There are 4 different files that start with the coordinates. I wish I could say which one it was but it looks like one is a 'FAIL' file so maybe that's it. If it helps the name in game is 'Alnitak Gamma II'

Attached Files: