1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Resolved Game crashes when I open navigation console

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Cosmico, Sep 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cosmico

Cosmico Space Hobo

I was playing Starbound as always and suddenly, when I wanted to go to another planet, the game crashed at the time of opening the navigation console of my ship. Every time that I open the navigation console the game crashes with the same error:
    "Exception caught in client main-loop (JsonException) Cannot call get with key on Json type array, must be Object type."

I need some solution for this issue please, I can't loose my main character.

I have Frackin mods installed and never gave me an error.

2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Please attach the full log located in your storage directory. It's named starbound.log (will show up as "starbound" when you don't have file extensions shown). There are also more logs (.1-.5). These are logs from the sessions before. If you didn't had start the game after the error i don't need them. Also provide your full specs.

~ Iris ~

3. LunarAnomaly

LunarAnomaly Intergalactic Tourist

I had the same thing happen to me after installing the 4.13 update to FrackinUniverse released today. I reverted to the previous version and the Navigation Console works fine. If you updated the mod today too then that's probably it.

4. JAZR

JAZR Poptop Tamer

HEY im getting the same problem as well, does anyone have any idea as to what mod would be conflicting with this? i'd be more willing to get rid of the mod to be experiencing the new update material. this is frustrating, im worried about turning mods off and on and corrupting stuff

5. Iris Blanche

Please attach your log like i posted above. Without the log no one can't say what's causing this error and this makes it impossible to help.

~ Iris ~

6. JAZR

JAZR Poptop Tamer

HEY GUYS THERE'S AN UPDATE, its fixed now!!! woo!!!

7. KinkyAzianKitty

KinkyAzianKitty Space Spelunker

I got the same issue after updating as well. Crash after trying to look at the map of other planets on my ship.

Attached the log, and of course, thank you to anyone who takes the time to help!

Attached Files:

8. KinkyAzianKitty

OH, and I should also point out that I copied the Mods and Storage folder from a friend's computer that I was originally playing on, and bought it on Steam and then pasted the folders in the correct spot. Don't know if that would contribute but wanted to disclose.

9. KinkyAzianKitty

Fixed: Copied all of the folders from the GOG version to the relevant Steam folders.

10. vampdust

vampdust Intergalactic Tourist

i think kinky had dif issues to everyone else here.
    attached is a cleaner log, with only a couple of mods.
    each error /crash is when i try and access the navigation console on my ship.
    i am above a "frackin universe" planet and i feel (no proof) that the game is crashing because the planet/system i am in probably no longer exists due to base game update and random number changes.

i can teleport to the planet and all of my teleport bookmarks without any issues, i just can't move the ship.

Attached Files:

11. Tomasdav

Tomasdav Void-Bound Voyager

Would you be so kind and post a link with working version, I am still downloading it but it doesn´t help or do I need to start again with new character/universe?

12. LunarAnomaly

LunarAnomaly Intergalactic Tourist

In my case the problem was just that the latest update for FrackinUniverse needed the latest update for Starbound to function, and I hadn't gone on GOG and seen the 1.1 update yet. If anybody is still having the same problem make sure that both your mod and the game itself are up to date.

13. Iris Blanche

First of all: remove everything in your assets folder except packed.pak and the "user"-folder. Unpacked assets in the assets root can mess up things pretty bad.
    The error you're experiencing can be caused by FU. I already read it somewhere that this error is currently around and it was also stated in the post above >v<

~ Iris ~

14. vampdust

vampdust Intergalactic Tourist

Thank you Iris
    I did as you suggested and it is now working.
    Im unsure why all these files where there as i never put them there myself.

15. Iris Blanche

Maybe some remnants from early access. ^^

~ Iris ~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.