1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Game crashes when I go to sleep on Spring 10

Discussion in 'Support' started by shann13, Aug 4, 2018.

1. shann13

shann13 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hi! I hope someone can help me, I'm kind of at my wit's end.

My game has played just fine right up through Spring 10; when I go to sleep on that day (the current game day), the game immediately crashes. I've tried removing gameplay mods, verifying files, etc. but no matter what I take out or change, I still get a crash. I've lived through Spring 10 enough that it feels like I'm in Groundhog Day, at this rate.

If anybody could help me figure out what the problem is, I'd really appreciate it! Please let me know if I need to provide any more information.

SMAPI crash log: https://pastebin.com/XQMYeFZp

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@shann13 Can you post a zip of your save files and a zip of your Mods folder? (If it's too big to attach it here, feel free to post a link to a service like mixtape.moe.)

• shann13

@Pathoschild of course! Thank you very much for being willing to take a look, I really appreciate it.

There definitely seems to be something wonky going on with the saves -- I deleted all pre-1.3 saves, but for some reason I have two save files in the folder, and I get red error text in SMAPI when loading the game (although it does find and load the save so ???). So if something I'm doing is causing that, I would like to know.

Also I use . . . a truly embarrassing number of mods :nurusad: I just like my game to look nice

The link to the zipped mods folder is here: my.mixtape.moe/btbbkb.zip and the saves are attached to this post.

thank you again!

Attached Files:

• shann13

@Pathoschild hello again! I wanted to let you know that I've found the culprit -- it was the Canon-Friendly Dialogue Expansion Mod. It hadn't even occurred to me that a dialogue mod would mess with the game like that at first. It seems like the mod author(s?) are aware of the issue and a bug fix is in the works.

I just wanted to let you know so you didn't waste your time. :) Thank you again for your help!

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@shann13 Oops, I forgot to reply. We actually used your save file to look into the error, so the author fixed it in the next version. Thanks for providing it!