1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue Game crashes on Switch when going to sleep (Auto-Grabber bug)

Discussion in 'Support' started by Chinipage, Jun 28, 2019.

1. Chinipage

Chinipage Yeah, You!

Hi, first of all thank you for making such an awesome game. I'm 50 hours in and I'm loving it so far, so I'm trying to help by sharing what I found.

I'm on 17th Spring, Year 2. A few days ago (game days) I bougth an Auto-Grabber for each of my two barns. After I started to use them the game begined to crash when going to sleep with no obvious reason. After a few tries I think I know how to reproduce it.

Steps:
    1. Get up from bed
    2. Go to the barn with the inventory full
    3. Try to take something from the Auto-Grabber
    4. Put it in the place of any item on your inventory (At this point there should be an item that is nor milk neither wool on the Auto-Grabber)
    5. Pick the item that went from your inventory to the Auto-Grabber and throw it into the trash can
    6. Repeate 4 and 5 until there is nothing left on the Auto-Grabber
    7. Close the menu
    So at this point the Auto-Grabber is empty and it doesnt let you interact with it but the image shows the white thing in the middle as if it has somenthing in it. Then if you go to sleep without some of your tools the game crashes.

Facts that I think may be usefull (in no particular order)
    • I have all my tools upgraded to Gold
    • I threw the Watering Can into a chest around the beginning of winter of year one and I never took it out until trying to reproduce this bug
    • I have the first house upgrade
    • I'm married to Leah
    • I have nothing on my fridge
    • The barn is maxed out with 3 of each animal
    • A few of those animals are babies yet
    • I'm plaing on a Nintendo Switch on vesion 1.3.33
    • Some times the switch does a wird click noise when goint to sleep. But I couldn't relate it to any particular case
    • I tried the following cases
      • Following the steps and going to sleep without the watering can -> Crashed
      • Following the steps and going to sleep with all my tools -> Didn't Crash
      • Following the steps and taking everything from the Auto-Grabber with enough space and going to sleep without the watering can -> Didn't Crash
    • Every time it crashed it was before the money count scene (and before saving of course)

I hope this information is useful to fix the bug, if I found more info I will update the post.

Thanks,
    Andrés.

• Shubeans

Shubeans QA Wizard Chucklefish

Thanks for reporting this and thank you so much or all the extra information and reproduction steps!
      This is super helpful!!

I've passed everything along to the Developers, hopefully we can find a fix soon, or have some extra info for you.
      Thank you :)