1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Game crash upon character load, .bak files also fail

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by wanderingspi, Feb 11, 2019.

Tags:
  1. wanderingspi

wanderingspi Void-Bound Voyager

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to find out whether the character (Nevada) I've been playing can be saved/recovered at all; less than 2 hours ago at the time of writing this I was playing Starbound with no problems, saved and quit successfully but when reloading the character subsequently the game crashes with an access violation (see log file).

I have attached the character file and shipworld file in the .zip folder - since the file contents are in binary I do not know what I should edit in order to restore the character. The log file suggests the crash happens when the character warps to the shipworld.

I am using Frackin' Universe and xBawks character extender, which so far have worked without a hitch, leading me to believe the issue is likely not with them. I have nevertheless unsubscribed/resubscribed to the mods etc in an attempt to fix, to no avail.

Hardware-wise I am running windows 10 pro on a W550s Lenovo Thinkpad.

Attached Files:

2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

What things did you place on your ship?

3. wanderingspi

wanderingspi Void-Bound Voyager

Many thanks for your answer - here is what I remember.

I placed many of the modded crafting stations on my ship:
    Xeno Lab, Matter Assembler, modded Agricultural Station, modded Atomic Furnace, modded Sewing Machine, Pixel Compressor, Lab Directory, Biochem Lab. I am also using Frackin' Universe's extraction stations which transform one item into another, such as the Extraction Lab. I am using Build Your Own Ship mode. I have used all of these before with no issues.

The issue seems to have happened after I saved the game while an extraction station (Extraction Lab) was still working on the ship. Perhaps this is what caused an issue with saving, though I can't be sure and it seems unlikely as I have been using it for quite a while - it is not a new object on the shipworld.

I also have rails and a rail tram on the ship.