1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed Game Crash after Chucklefish Logo (FrackinUniverse)

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by aozgolo, Feb 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aozgolo

aozgolo Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I wanted to set up a LAN server for me and my wife to play together and play FrackinUniverse. We've played the game vanilla on server before, her computer is towards the low-end on specs so it lags a lot but it's playable.

So I did a fresh installation, uninstalled Starbound from both our PCs, and installed the latest version from GoG (I have it on Steam and GoG) then went and got the latest version of Frackin Universe so both our versions of the game and mod should match as they were done within the same hour. I loaded up my game with the mod and it worked just fine, no issue. I tried it on her machine and that's where the problem occurs. The game will show the Chucklefish Logo, then go to the loading screen for anywhere from 5 to 30 seconds before just crashing to desktop (no error messages). I've tried reading up and I've only found issues reported from like 1-2 years ago with FrackinUniverse doing this and all old threads claim it was a fixed issue. It's also a bit strange it works fine on my PC but not hers, the only thing I can think of is maybe it's her PC specs being unable to run the game modded.

I've attached her Starbound.log file as well as a D:rofl:iag file from her PC:

1) Can anyone tell me if there's a way to get the mod to run on her PC?
    2) Are there any tweaks I can do for the game to allow it to run better?

I know her PC is on the low end of minimum specs and FU is a huge mod so it could just be pushing the game requirements over what her rig is capable of, but I'd like some confirmation before completely giving up.

EDIT: I can get the game to load up on her PC fine without the mod installed, just not with it.

Attached Files:

2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Please report issues with mods in their respective mod discussion page. For FU this is here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.