1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed Game Breaks with Colony Deeds

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by TheCheesySlider, Feb 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheCheesySlider

TheCheesySlider Void-Bound Voyager

I've been trying to expand my colony for this one planet, but some issues have come up.

I can place Colony Deeds inside houses that I build on regular land, and they spawn NPCs with no problems. However, after leveling an entire mountain to bridge the gap for new flat land, I tried building a guard tower and placing a deed, but the game stopped working after placing it. The requirements for an NPC to move in are met, but the game just crashes, and when I re-enter, my deed is gone. Is there any way I can fix this?

2. Thalant

Thalant Zero Gravity Genie

You mean it crashes at the very moment you place it?
    Please, load your game, try placing the colony deed and after the crash, post here your starbound.log file. Also, do you have any mods installed that could affect the colony system?

Edit: If you want to get a "free" colony deed to replace those lost by the crashes, you can do it by commands.
    /admin
    /spawnitem colonydeed 1
    /admin

3. ChocoHearts

ChocoHearts Orbital Explorer

It's a problem a lot of us have had lately. If there are any gaps in the "house", it tries to scan the whole planet and hangs the game. I've got a house that I knocked a hole in and broke my whole colony/storage planet.

Make sure you've got background blocks in the whole house, even behind the walls. If you've even got one missing, it'll bonk the thing good.

So far it doesn't look like there's much we can do about it; I have hope that someone will come up with an external .world editor so we can fix the issue.

4. TheCheesySlider

TheCheesySlider Void-Bound Voyager

I apparently did have some walls-behind walls missing and some of my platforms were throwing it off. I just spawned in a new colony deed and it didn't crash! Thanks to both of you for your help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.