1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

Modded FurryBound Revival - A furry friendly Starbound server!

Discussion in 'Public Servers' started by Geodeek, Jan 15, 2016.

1. baconsama25

baconsama25 Cosmic Narwhal

I've tested removing starmount and it makes no issues in the character, it only damages a world that has it's tools/furniture biult. It's about 44mb and many thousands of archives. so the performance gain is nice.

LOL BALL likes this.
  2. Lindazana

Lindazana Cosmic Narwhal

Looking around, may I suggest putting the server info and profile up on http://starbound-servers.net/ ? Even without many votes, should increase how many people see it.

3. Rederik_Wood

Rederik_Wood Void-Bound Voyager

It's back!? For how long was I unaware of this?!

4. Lindazana

Lindazana Cosmic Narwhal

First post of the thread being january 14th, so about 2 months ;P. Not too many people yet, but starting to gather again.

5. Code_Rym

Code_Rym Void-Bound Voyager

Alright, I can ask the author if it's okay to add to the mod-pack. She replied to the question before from another individual as it would lower the traffic to the mod. [Viera mod] just for clarification.

6. Geodeek

Geodeek Pangalactic Porcupine

We're using StarryPy at the moment. Honestly, I'm a bit reluctant to mess with the wrapper's timings as it's already pretty shaky and poorly documented. It seems I don't have much of a choice though. Thanks for the suggestion.

*adds to list of stuff that needs doing*

I appreciate the offer, but it may be best if I handle it. Doing so just makes it easier to manage and safer in the event of an issue.

Lindazana likes this.
  7. G.Xyon

G.Xyon Space Kumquat

Hey guys! Wonderful server you guys have, keep up the amazing work!

Stopping in to report that some players have been having issues with the expanded UI and chatbox with resolutions lower than 1080p: for this, I recommend disabling the extended_gui.modpak and extended_chat.modpak from the modlist; these are client-side and should in no way affect your gamplay (possibly your ROLEplay, but that's a different story).

Simply make an additional folder in your mods folder and name it something like 'DISABLED' and toss them in there; no need to delete them in case you would like to use these mods once more. This goes for pretty much any client-side mod that does not directly affect characters and worlds/items within worlds.

Lindazana likes this.
  8. Geodeek

Hey everyone, just a quick update:
    We have our own dedicated forums now! Check it out: https://fb.ccdyn.com/
    I've also set up a little status page that anyone can reference when the server seems to be down or running funky. It's available here: https://fb.ccdyn.com/stats/status.html

As for the modpack, I'm working on it. Sometime around Friday seems like a reasonable time to expect the update.
    Oh, and we were granted permission to include the Munari Race mod. Still no response in regards to the Viera though.

Lindazana likes this.
  9. Tourain

Tourain Void-Bound Voyager

Hey! I've been back and playing for a couple weeks now. Glad to see this is doing so well! :D

Here's a few protips that may help people...

1) Reno's item pack is friendly with this server if anyone needs a "Creative Mode". http://community.playstarbound.com/resources/renos-item-pack.3096/
    2) The Blinkthrough Mod is very good. You can blink teleport through walls! http://community.playstarbound.com/resources/blink-through.2882/
    3) Fully custom ships works too! Follow the instructions very carefully. http://community.playstarbound.com/...ustom-shipworld-file-mod-upbeat-giraffe.2494/
    4) For all other modifications, google; "Starcheat". Don't go too crazy or you may break your character/game!

Thank you again, Geodeek! :D

Last edited: Mar 17, 2016
  10. meepcrux

meepcrux Void-Bound Voyager

yay it's back :D

11. Sir mudkip

Sir mudkip Phantasmal Quasar

is it normal that the mod pack basically just stops downloading at 80%

12. LOL BALL

LOL BALL Existential Complex

The modpack is huge. It's normal that it will stop at random times.

13. Dunto

Dunto Guest

I took a quick look and it seems like the timeout value is user-settable via the config ("server_connect_timeout", default is 5 (seconds)). It appears this is the timeout for both server and client connections. There's also some other changes that look fairly easy to change if for some reason that's not sufficient, so let me know if that doesn't help (or if you didn't change that from the default).

Edit: It also looks like it's using "reap_time" (# of seconds since last message before determining connection is lost). Not sure why they've implemented multiple different timeouts (nor why they're doing their own timeout checking instead of using the built-in stuff). I'd lower this from the default of 10 (seconds).

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2016
  14. Lindazana

Lindazana Cosmic Narwhal

Geodeek! An artifact of great value and power has been discovered and brought from across the lands of the forums. Installed server-side (shouldn't need it client side) It will make hailstorms last for 0 seconds, and remove all particles and objects from them for that duration. Making chat and play available once again on snow and arctic worlds!

Credit for 99.5% goes to the charitable C0bra5 (with single letter typo correction from myself for .5%)

Attached Files:

15. Geodeek

After digging through server.py and doing some tests in VDEBUG, I honestly have even less of an idea of what the problem is. As far as I can tell, "server_connect_timeout" is only used for the initial connection to the wrapper and its value of 5 seconds is nowhere near the ~10 minutes experienced. The function "reap_dead_protocols" is definitely what finally disconnects a player, but the long wait is still unexplained. "reap_dead_connections" is set up to run every 10 seconds (per "reap_time") and debug messages verify this interval. It is also designed to disconnect a player if the last packet received is more than "reap_time" seconds old. If that were somehow broken, players wouldn't ever be disconnected....

I'll try setting the production server to VDEBUG and see if anything useful shows up the next time this happens.

Oh, great! I'll get it set up in tonights automatic asset update.

16. Geodeek

Okaaay... maybe it won't be set up. It managed to generate 128Mb of error messages in a few hours. I'll see if I can fix it but might not have time until tomorrow.

17. Geodeek

Update time!
    This one is a bit different from the previous. It consists of two folders: requiredMods and optionalMods. Everything from requiredMods must be installed but anything from optionalMods can be cherry-picked.
    This update did the following:
    • Removed Starmounts - outdated and broken lag source.
    • Removed COLORBOUND - irrelevant.
    • Updated Gyrusens+
    • Updated WiredPadlocks
    • Added Liopi's Furry Race
    • Added Munari
    Sadly, the Viera race could not be included. I have yet to hear back from the mod's author in regards to whether or not we have permission.
    Due to the removal of Starmounts, I highly suggest removing all Starmounts objects and tech before updating. I would also wait until after the server switches assets at 0600 CST to use the new modpack.

As for the next update, I need some input from you guys. In an effort to slim down the modpack, I would like to see if removing The Pony Modpack and the Sergal race is possible. If you use either of these mods, now is the time to speak up! They will be removed if no one objects.

Here's the LINK for the new modpack. As always, the new assets will not take effect server-side until 0600 CST.

18. Lindazana

Lindazana Cosmic Narwhal

Oh heck... What sort of errors? Varied, single type, and what of?

19. Lunik

Lunik Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I wouldnt be opposed to removing the Pony pack. It adds SO much unnecessary clutter to the game. Feel like I have to scroll forever in the crafting tables to get to the actual equipment. Plus, ive never seen a pony in the game anyway. BUT! This is just my opinion. Oh, and the Sergal weapons are OP. Assault Rifle that does 30 Damage a bullet? o_O

meepcrux likes this.
  20. ChurgoII

ChurgoII Big Damn Hero

I overrule your opinion