1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

Furry Friendly Starbound Server (Modpack Updated 4/7/2015, Races, Music, Improvements and more!)

Discussion in 'Public Servers' started by Snowpup, Dec 29, 2013.

1. Snowpup

Snowpup Giant Laser Beams

We'll certainly look into it.

Also as a heads up, we did the universe.chunk, universe.dat and playerquest/codec database wipe today.

All planets not accessed within the last month have been deleted (though if you have the coordinates to one you'd like re-instated we have a full backup).

Aurian Runo likes this.
  2. otisjasmodeus

otisjasmodeus Subatomic Cosmonaut

im having a problem on the server, anytime i go planet side on any planet aside from the spawn one, i crash to desktop, Ive tried playing on the server with no mods aside from the mod-pack installed, with th3e default ship, not a custom one, and as a default race, and i still crash, any ideas on a solution to this problem? (also i don't crash while on ships including other players ships .)

EDIT" i also have tried reinstalling the mod pack and it didn't help at all.

3. Aurian Runo

Aurian Runo Scruffy Nerf-Herder

well atm the server seems to be down. I'm waiting for the autorestart IF they have it back on but if not well someone hopefully tells Snowpup
    Thank you for mentioning how to do the ship I was wanting it with the newer pack to use with the new race and well.. I am thinking I got it to work.

Noticed the down status coz I was working on my char Karin.. the servers not letting me in to send my other some items

Last edited: Sep 17, 2014
  4. YoshioGamer

YoshioGamer Pangalactic Porcupine

well after revisiting the server after long time i keep timing out :/

5. Aurian Runo

its currently down atm, I'm waiting for Snowpaw to respond

6. Kitaen Silva

Kitaen Silva Phantasmal Quasar

I have to say, the premise of this server is enticing. It has been quite some time since I have been able to join a server of any sort, and my own attempts to start one always end in failure because I include too many mods for the tastes of most potential attendees. I have three things to ask before I solidify my decision, and I do notice by the timestamps on the most recent messages that the server is presently down, but it doesn't hurt to inquire during this period.

1: How tight-knit is this community?

I am interested in joining, but I don't want to butt my nose in where there is already established circles or subgroups of well-acquainted friends if it is going to result in me mostly getting ignored, y'know. In that same breath, I also don't want to impose - I realize that this thread is effectively an advertisement and discussion with some intent of gathering more attendees, but I have a track record of.. eh... standing out, to put it simply. That's not to say that I am problematic - to the contrary, it is more that if I enjoy a community, I become extremely rooted in it, and I attract offers of moderator and admin positions. ((As a forward note, I am not interested in such positions - I already have a lot of such duties elsewhere, so I would like to avoid them if possible... but if there really is a need for it, I can at least offer advice.)) I build friendships in communities pretty easily, because I practice politeness, respect, common sense, and have an easy time understanding people, so if I like a place, I have an unintentional tendency to become popular pretty quickly. My only issue with this is that in truth I am very introverted, so sometimes becoming a prominent figure can make me uncomfortable.

2: I may be your run-of-the-mill fluffball, but will my other interests clash with the rest of the community?

I have no shame - I am a J-culture junkie. It is at the core of 90% of my interests - I soak up and produce Touhou shenanigans like nobody's business, my anime intake is borderline chronic, and I am immensely fascinated by the language, mythology, architecture, technology, history, and general culture of Japan and east Asia. I draw, write, eat, drink, and propagate things related to this, and do so with abandon. If it becomes problematic I have no issue attempting to cease and desist, or at least trying to tone things down, but i will most likely take that as a sign of such things being unwelcome and quietly take my leave of the server or isolate my shenanigans to a single world. This is part of my wish to not impose myself on your community. Aside from that, I am heavily based in writing and roleplay - it tends to surface the most out of my various interests, simply because writing is my primary means of communicating.

3: Is there anything else that would be helpful to know which might not be posted on the OP?

I have a good handle on installation and troubleshooting almost all of my own problems, I'm mostly asking about "unwritten rules" and general tips or advice. Places or coords I should visit, acceptable exploration and mining habits, things like that.

For a while, I will almost assuredly keep to myself and do my own thing on an Alpha world, especially if I find one that has a village. My initial interactions my be very limited and hesitant, because I will be trying to get a feel for the community in a cautious manner. If the community will have me, and I decide to join, I hope to make some interesting friends here, so I'll come out of my bubble eventually - especially if there is a Skype group for chat and call shenanigans.

7. otisjasmodeus

i like touhou, so as soon as my issue of crashing when i go planet side is solved id love to play with you

8. Aurian Runo

ok I can only give the answers as I see them BUT.

1): This is a good community but a very open one. you will get answers and hellos, They have been very kind to me. and I been around off and on for a while. It's kinda easy to make friends when you talk with some but do take note that sometimes you might have to wait a min or two for answers.

2): I don't know why your bothering to ask this of a furry run server.. tis not the song.. mention of a great diversity of the fandom? most people are very much open to such things just so long you don't go all trying to change any of us you will find us very welcomeing (when the servers back that is).

3): not much really to know short of be very careful of how you are with some the people. many of us do RP .. alot. (heck I'm working on a page FOR my chars within the server) not always would it be wise due to that to take a persons words by face value. Best way to put it is if something puzzles you ask. Theres plenty of knowladgeable people in the server (some of who are actual programmers as well)

oh and otis, if you see this and happen to have a way to contact me.. in a PM so I can contact you with steam. that would work.

9. Kitaen Silva

Kitaen Silva Phantasmal Quasar

Hooray - All kinds of shenanigans to be had, then. Hopefully your issue is resolved soon. =3

1: Nothing out of the ordinary there, then - never know when someone may be engaged in slaying a mob, in a GUI, or simply away, so waiting isn't a problem for me. Good to know that things are friendly and open, though.

2: Eheh, I've been around a lot - it's actually very common to be ostracized in furry communities for being interested in J-culture, and likewise, it is even more common to be ostracized in J-culture communities for being a fur of sorts. There are all these draconic reactions to being a fur in a Touhou community and being a Touhou fan in a fur community, so for me, it was a little necessary to inquire. Hearing that this group is a little more open to diversity than some other communities (-cough- Maidens of the Kaleidoscope -coughcough- Renard's Super Happy Fun Hellhole -ahem-) is definitely music to my ears. It takes a lot of weight off my shoulders and allows me the chance to take a more relaxed approach.

3: I have 16 years of RP experience under my belt, so I'm pretty used to the dynamic personalities that come with being around fellow roleplayers, but the warning is appreciated and I will take it in stride.

=======

Thank you for the reply - I think I am pretty comfortable with attempting to join once the server's live again, if you're alright with having me. I must also note that while I would like to make my attendance a regular thing, I do have other obligations and interests to tend as well, so if I am away for a while, it can be explained as "other duties".

If I join, I will be starting as a brand-new character with zero single-player usage and attempting to convert an entire Alpha world into some sort of dungeon-like construct from the core up. = u=;

otisjasmodeus likes this.
  10. otisjasmodeus

lol, make the hell of blazing fires with the shrine and hotsprings on the surface, and maybe the huge gate and stairs from the 7th game in the air

11. Snowpup

PVP has been re-introduced. Simply type /pvp to toggle it on and off like before.

Please http://www.pastebin.org your starbound.log and starbound.log.1 and paste the links here. I'll try and help you out with this. :)

1: The community is very close and very friendly. It's one of our best selling points; before the merge when we averaged 16-25 players on at a time we everyone was incredibly friendly and fun to each other.

2: There's no judgment here; or if there is we don't allow public berations (unless it's in playful jest). You'll be fine here; this server is about being yourself so please do just that!

3: Type /help upon logging in, you will find a lot of useful commands. Don't forget to register (your passwords are salted and hashed so no worries about security in that sense) so you get more custom features!

For everyone else, I'm terribly sorry about the crashing. It's the parent Starbound server acting up and there aren't any good auto-restart programs that will work with the type of crashes we have. We ARE working on a work-around so please bear with us.

I believe I chased down the file that was giving us our current continuous crash and have smote it with my Key of Justice (tm). Hopefully it will be a lot less frequent if at all now.

Again I apologize for the rough bumps with the merge; we're making headway so please stick with us!

12. otisjasmodeus

[DOUBLEPOST=1411012342][/DOUBLEPOST]http://pastebin.com/u5ApjgFL

is this the data you needed, i skimmed it and near the end it does show me entering the server (shows the server address) but other than that I don't know how to read these things quite yet.
    also ill remove my old saves that still are using old mod files on them to see if it helps.

http://pastebin.com/Acy7dJy1

it still crashed after clearing all saves, heres the crash log after i did that.

how do i put the log.1 up?

Last edited: Sep 18, 2014
  13. Aurian Runo

I'm glad your on this problem with otis there I was going to ask the same but Snowpaw has a better sight on whats going on. oh Snow has the sever gone back up? I'd love to give this kitty a bit of a try now lol

14. Snowpup

That sounds like a corrupt asset file; uninstall and re-install the game please. Make sure it's not the Nightly build either.

Ahh yes, of course it did! It's up and running~

Edit: It seems it did crash /again/ due to a DBException error... This is very odd, and very annoying.

If it continues to do this I may be wiping our entire universe folder... It's kind of overdue.

15. otisjasmodeus

reinstalling now, ill contact you again if it fails to solve the problem[DOUBLEPOST=1411021369][/DOUBLEPOST]well, i did a fresh install, fresh character, and a fresh ship (no exterior things, just re downloaded the modpack and immeaditly launched the server) and still it crashed when i went planetside.

http://pastebin.com/mrs0r9zG
    this is the log, and i did check to make sure its not on nightly build, its set to NONE- opt out of all betas

Last edited: Sep 18, 2014
  16. Snowpup

I'm honestly entirely unsure then... We're getting no errors in the server logs, just that your client sends a disconnect packet because of the crash. It's a local issue. I've no idea what else to try.. :/

17. otisjasmodeus

well that sucks, well i guess ill just have to go back to sp :(
    that or run my trading company out of a massive ship, since i don't ever have this crash on the server while im on board my ship

18. itsapainfulworld

itsapainfulworld Yeah, You!

Just wanted to mention, this is next to the exact same error log I got when I tried to make my own race from scratch following a guide (that assumedly didn't mention certain renamings that were required) on a manually cleaned install, as well as when I fresh installed it by wiping my SB and redownloading.....coincidence?

EDIT:

I'm interested in running a Trading Company myself.....perhaps when I get on I could be your ground dragon?

19. otisjasmodeus

perhaps, maybe its the kind of issue games like fez has were only certain users for an unknown reason just have a bug unique to them.[DOUBLEPOST=1411024220][/DOUBLEPOST]so would it be absolutly insane to build a ship the size of a small moon that serves as a massive trade barge for actual trading/ RP purposes?

20. itsapainfulworld

itsapainfulworld Yeah, You!

If you have the time, the ingame resources, and no prior duties, then no, not at all. I could even help you with that, I have time to spare.

I can imagine it, complete with quarters, trading rooms, a command center, and the Resistance Base Theme from Megaman Zero 2.