1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

Furry Friendly Starbound Server (Modpack Updated 4/7/2015, Races, Music, Improvements and more!)

Discussion in 'Public Servers' started by Snowpup, Dec 29, 2013.

1. Scival

Scival Oxygen Tank

Because the current one is all liek "ERMG I NEED THE MONAIS" and then theres like not monais so it liek doesnt werk u see?

Snowpup likes this.
  2. Blastaway

Blastaway Cosmic Narwhal

So if I gave it a gun called "monais" it would work?

Snowpup likes this.
  3. TeleVision

TeleVision Big Damn Hero

4. Scival

Scival Oxygen Tank

No, its NOT multiplayer friendly, because the servers need to have the mod installed, so... xD
    Unlike FCS, which is completely multiplayar friendleh

5. Blastaway

Blastaway Cosmic Narwhal

It's completely multiplayer friendly...

If the server and the players have the mod, of course :D

6. Aku Hito

Aku Hito Big Damn Hero

"MONAIS"...? Do you mean money?

7. Blastaway

Blastaway Cosmic Narwhal

Yes, "Monais" means money.

8. Scival

Scival Oxygen Tank

Multiplayer friendly means clientside mod, you herp-derp.

9. Blastaway

Blastaway Cosmic Narwhal

But I thought there was no actual clientside or serverside mods

You can join a server that has mods without you having the mods, and you can join a server that doesn't have the mods, with you having the mods.

10. Scival

Scival Oxygen Tank

Clientside mods, exist.
    Mostly things like,sprite upgrades, such as tail feathers for avians, mods that change the hotbar to the bottom, for those who want that, and mods for deleteting characters, etc. Things that doesnt add anything NEW to the game, but only changes its look for you, such as a new main menu logo.

OF COURSE, the most popular clientside mod, the FCS, fully customizable ship mod, which is clientside, BECAUSE what it does is change your SHIPWORLD, and replacing it whit vanilla BLOCKS so you can build, because really, ships are just a big, fat, hollow box around you to stop you from building outside, and FCS mod removes that and replace it whit a few wood walls, which means you can make a ship as big as you want. You might think that needs to be installed serverside, but really, it changes your SHIPWORLD! And that, is stored clientside, not serverside, which means that yeah, clientside.

TL;DR:
    FCS = CLIENTSIDE!

Now, you may be liek, "ermg then y isnt madtulip clientside? :cc"
    Because madtulip's ship mod adds new BLOCKS. While that 498356% more awesome, it needs to be installed serverside, so..

Serverside.. well.. you know the message of the day thing?
    S-S-S-S-S-S-S-SSEEERRRRVEEERRRSIIIDEEE!

Last edited: Sep 6, 2014
  11. TeleVision

TeleVision Big Damn Hero

And that's why I was recommending it. Since it would be added to server, and modpack, and would allow people to build their ships however, and use the quite nice parts that are included with Mad Tulip's.

12. Snowpup

Snowpup Giant Laser Beams

I'll have to deny that sadly; we already are going to have a ton of mods to update when the next upcoming update breaks all mods and we already have a ton of new blocks and whatnot that can be used with FCS as is.

13. Aku Hito

Aku Hito Big Damn Hero

Does the migration have anything to do with the major server lag its going through right now?

14. jawa9kid

jawa9kid Void-Bound Voyager

Not sure but the server can only handle a max of 7 people any more then that and it causes a huge lag spike.

15. Scival

Scival Oxygen Tank

So that IS server lag..
    Yeah i was wondering why the server ran at 1 FPS. :l

16. Jmbomb

Jmbomb Sandwich Man

will we lose progress on server migration?

and how does /register work? how do I login or whatever?

Last edited: Sep 7, 2014
  17. Snowpup

Snowpup Giant Laser Beams

No migration isn't even touching the main server anymore; I'm not sure what's up with that. If it's still going on I'll give a restart.

JMbomb read the OP it'll tell you exactly how, however I'd wait until migration is done. I just made a backup of the database and as of this post any future registrants will be lost and have to do it again until we do fully migrate.

Edit: 50 million processes started up; that's why there's lag. Restarting all and reverting back to one haha.

18. jawa9kid

jawa9kid Void-Bound Voyager

May want to do just that. The server gets pretty bad if there is more then just 7 people.

19. Aku Hito

Aku Hito Big Damn Hero

Hah, yea. 50 million processes will do it, surprised no one has told you yet, its been impossible to play.

20. Aurian Runo

Aurian Runo Scruffy Nerf-Herder

now I can't even log in.. some server port not connecting

"Join failed! Error Connecting to star.furrybound.com:21025"

Last edited: Sep 7, 2014