RELEASED [CLASSIC] Furry/Anthro Player

Discussion in 'Player' started by LackeDragon, Apr 4, 2016.

1. Ysulyan

Ysulyan Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hey there been checking how to make a dragon on my own and then decided to visit the forums after someone suggested me checking this place, see if there were tutorials.
    I'm trying on my own right now, the character sheet is so complex and confusing; was wondering if you were working on that species too c:

• LackeDragon

LackeDragon Phantasmal Quasar

Actually not working on that species as species with wings are the more complicated. Except if you don't want wings for sure.
      I unfortunately don't have a tutorial, but if you use some logic, you will see that the character sheet isn't that hard to understand after some tests.
      Just a lot of things to change.

Ysulyan likes this.
      • Ysulyan

Ysulyan Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Alright, thanks for the advice :)

• Naesaki

Naesaki Void-Bound Voyager

Are you still taking suggestions? Would you ever consider adding the bear species to the list? :3 :D

AngryCat likes this.
          • LucyDreemurr

LucyDreemurr Master Chief

it would be cool if it had a long-eared dog too ;u;

• Roskii Heiral

Roskii Heiral Heliosphere

Really great work so far! i love the spritework!

• AmaaDivine

AmaaDivine Starship Captain

This is wonderful, I'm looking forward to the beast idea, these would have those animal legs, right?
                I doubt this is compatible with lipstick mods or dress mods, right? Is there a list of compatible or recommended mods to go with this? Other than the anthro town one.

Roskii Heiral likes this.
                • Roskii Heiral

Yeah, mods are broken down into seperate .xnb files, so this will not be compatable with anything else that effects the player .xnbs

I'm not sure the specific mods you're asking about, but if they modify the files that this mod includes then they won't work.

Good luck though!

• LackeDragon

Well, I created this mod before all those others mods were a thing, so it's totally possible there are some incompabilities.
                    However, those sprites don't have "animal legs" but there is not a special slot for that. As said by Roskii, they're all linked to the player sprite image, and so, if the mods you want to add with it modify that, then, the incompability will be there.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
                    • Roskii Heiral

Do you mind if i use your hair sheet for something I'm working on?

I'm also thinking of doing something similar to what you did with your tails, but applying it to the character sheet. Have you attempted this or have any advice? I try to coordinate with people who have done what I'm attempting to do to pick their brains =d

• LackeDragon

You can.

But yeah I already tested that, and you will see what problems it creates :p
                        In short, there is really LITTLE spaces to put those ears and tails in the character sheet without creating animation bugs within the game.

• Roskii Heiral

Yeah x.x I've been playing around with it.

I'm basically making a Kemonomimi-ish character set. Is there a reason you have no ears on the 2nd hair for wolf males?

Edit: I made a hair sheet so the 2nd style can have ears if you want it =D

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 20, 2017
                          • LackeDragon

Are you sure?
                            The second row has ears on my side.

Edit: Oh, just the second.
                            I guess it's a mistake. I have it but it seems the layer wasn't activated when I saved it.

• Blanchard

Blanchard Big Damn Hero

Fantastic work Lacke, thank you very much~!

• Sovierika

Sovierika Big Damn Hero

Here's hoping for a goat~!

• AmaaDivine

Finally bought the game.
                                  This is the first mod i'm going to use. I truly hope you'll let us know when you work on the "beast" type races. I'm quite excited for that.
                                  The fur color file, is there any picture examples of what they look ingame before I install it?

Wasp Fukuda likes this.
                                  • LackeDragon

I will.
                                    For the fur colors, I don't have pictures. It only change the skin colors palette to a more diverse one.
                                    Which means less "beige" tones.

To test, it's just a file. So you can back up your file, put the fur color one and see if it's good to you.
                                    If not, just remove it and place back your skin color you backed up.

• AmaaDivine

Oh! Okay.
                                      Do you have plans to fix the tail issue?
                                      It'd be neat if it was possible to combined this with mods that add new hairstyles and such. Is it possible to do it on one's own?

• LackeDragon

The tail is unfortunately due to the game engine.
                                        Except is there is a mod dedicated to change that, I'm afraid I can't fix it by myself as I only modify the aspect of the player and not how it works within the engine.
                                        Same thing with the hairstyles etc...
                                        However, you can do a lot of them, but they will always replace the one existing, except if a mod allows to have more than one spritesheet for them.

• Jamesbond2008

Jamesbond2008 Intergalactic Tourist

Is there any way at all to get the Get dressed mod to work with this? I specifically want to to just get the head to work with it so I can have a variety of clothing choices as at will I've tried doing the whole get the XNB then edit the PNG and overwirte the mods folders overrides file and even the base games Female_Farmer_base but all I end up with is the hair and tail but still stuck with the human head shape?