WIP Furry/Anthro Player

Discussion in 'Player' started by LackeDragon, Apr 4, 2016.

1. ShadeVial

ShadeVial Space Hobo

You could make it work with (or more likely add an add-on file as the mod itself is one just file) compatible with the bald mod as a lot of anthro characters don't have human-style hair and have just animal floof on there heads. Edit: Oh and another idea, would it be doable to make it so the color of the ears and tail be that of the skin instead of the hair?

Last edited: Dec 17, 2017
    • LackeDragon

LackeDragon Phantasmal Quasar

It's actually complicated as they're not the same files.
      Hairstyles give you a lot of freedom to add ears, tail etc...
      While the farmer file, or in other words, the one with the skin color, is really restrictive on how many pixels you can add, which is often 2 or 3 max in height. It also very complicated to add anything without breaking something in the animation process => See the actual issue with the blinking animation for female.

So except if I have time to see if I can make that compatible with another mod that doesn't require so much precision for the farmer file or/and replace/overwrite it virtually, I fear it will stay that way.

• Sugar-Fable

Sugar-Fable Void-Bound Voyager

It's possible to make the ears/tail match the skin color. Open the hair file and edit the ears/tail on the style you want to match the skin color as well as what color you want for the hair and repack, then choose that style in the game and set the color to totally white.

LackeDragon likes this.
        • LackeDragon

Thanks for the idea Sugar, it's indeed a possibility. But I personally can't do that for EACH user :D
          But that's a good option if as a user of the mod, you know how to pack/repack and have some editing experience.
          I linked some modding tutorial in the first post if needed ShadeVial.

• Sugar-Fable

Oh yeah I know it'd be too much to ask you to do that for everyone :rofl: I just meant for those who want to do it themselves, it's possible~

• GreenBanana

GreenBanana Void-Bound Voyager

@LackeDragon
              Hey, I just wanna say, I've been using your mod for only a couple of days (my save updated automatically for the new sprites without needing a new game), and I love it. I really hope you don't give up on this. The sprite work's cute. I hope some day it can be integrated with whatever mod managers or Steam workshop come to be for Stardew Valley. I feel really bad asking for stuff, but I really hope reptilians and avians can get represented, and perhaps ungulates (hooved mammals) in future. I don't want to put pressure on your art, though, so I apologize for that.

I did notice one graphical anomaly: When moving horizontally in the bathhouse, the tail appears to be layered over the arms. I also noticed a black square in the wizard's tower and couple of odd tiles in the area east of his tower, but those might be from another mod. Just wanted to cover the bases by mentioning them!

You've done good work. Thank you.

• BlueSkyes

BlueSkyes Poptop Tamer

Cheetah?

• Swiftpaw22

Swiftpaw22 Void-Bound Voyager

Would be cool to have a feline template, canid template, ursine template, etc, that way it'd be easier to crank out player mods for different breeds/races. Add some dots and you got a cheetah! Add some stripes and you got a tiger!

• GreenBanana

GreenBanana Void-Bound Voyager

What if the animal parts were shapes in the ordinary customizer, so you'd only need one mod for people to select the species they want, whether that's avian, reptilian, or one of several distinct mammalian subsets?

• Swiftpaw22

Swiftpaw22 Void-Bound Voyager

Being able to choose your own species, or your character's species at least, from the character menu would be pawsome! Hopefully the new version of Stardew releasing this year with co-op support will be more mod-friendly because I don't think doing something like that is very easy right now.

• Sugar-Fable

Has a deer been suggested?

• carlos21

carlos21 Space Hobo

Are you planning to add birds?
                          playing with eagles would be awesome!

• LackeDragon

For now, nothing is really planned.

I'm waiting for the multiplayer update to see if things change or not about modding.
                            If not, I will continue all of that as I will certainly get back into the game.
                            If there is tho' I will certainly need time or maybe help if the modding around stardew valley evolved in a way that everyone is using some core mods or I don't know :p

We will see next months.

• Danodan94

Danodan94 Void-Bound Voyager

Could I perhaps suggest a Basitin? Sure it isn't a real animal, it's a unique race found in the webcomic Twokinds, I just think it would be neat.

• LackeDragon

Not sure I will plan to do fictional species as it would require the permission of the author.

• Sugar-Fable

I made a new farmer! Her name is Rin and shes a wolf whos going to romance Sebastian~
                                  [​IMG]
                                  [​IMG]

Bonabopn likes this.
                                  • LackeDragon

Sounds like Destiny :p
                                    Looks good. I'm guessing you modified the hairs? I don't remember seeing bicolors ones.

Sugar-Fable likes this.
                                    • Sugar-Fable

Yeah I colored the hair on the png and then set it to white in-game so it'd show up.

• Bonabopn

Bonabopn Fluffiest Squirrel

that looks awesome ^u^

Sugar-Fable likes this.
                                        • Sugar-Fable

Thank you~