furniture mod keeps causing game crash

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Gabi##, Jul 23, 2018.

1. Gabi##

Gabi## Space Hobo

Hi everyone, i'm new to stardew modding and im trying to use the country furniture pack so i backed up my original furniture.exb then replaced it with the mod everytime i try to load the game i get sent back to start.

this is the smapi error log:

[Console.Out] Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentLoadException: Error loading "Data\Furniture". File contains Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.Texture2D but trying to load as System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[System.Int32,System.String].
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentReader.InvokeReader[T](ContentTypeReader reader, Object existingInstance)
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentReader.ReadObjectInternal[T](Object existingInstance)
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentReader.ReadObject[T]()
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentReader.ReadAsset[T]()
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.ReadAsset[T](String assetName, Action`1 recordDisposableObject)
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.Load[T](String assetName)
    at StardewValley.LocalizedContentManager.Load[T](String assetName)
    at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.ContentCore.<>c__DisplayClass43_0`1.<LoadImpl>b__1() in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Framework\ContentCore.cs:line 600
    at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.Utilities.ContextHash`1.Track[TResult](T key, Func`1 action) in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Framework\Utilities\ContextHash.cs:line 53
    at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.ContentCore.<>c__DisplayClass43_0`1.<LoadImpl>b__0() in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Framework\ContentCore.cs:line 591
    at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.ContentCore.WithWriteLock[T](Func`1 action) in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Framework\ContentCore.cs:line 874
    at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.ContentCore.LoadImpl[T](String assetName, ContentManager instance) in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Framework\ContentCore.cs:line 561
    at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.ContentCore.Load[T](String assetName, ContentManager instance) in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Framework\ContentCore.cs:line 227
    at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.ContentManagerShim.Load[T](String assetName) in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Framework\ContentManagerShim.cs:line 49
    at StardewValley.Objects.Furniture.getData()
    at StardewValley.Objects.Furniture..ctor(Int32 which, Vector2 tile)
    at StardewValley.Locations.FarmHouse..ctor(Map m, String name)
    at StardewValley.Game1.loadForNewGame(Boolean loadedGame)
    at StardewValley.SaveGame.<>c.<getLoadEnumerator>b__51_1()
    at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.InnerInvoke()
    at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()

• tangeriney

tangeriney Subatomic Cosmonaut

I had a similar problem that had to do with the file format of a custom furniture pack I am making... however, that error referenced the Content/TileSheets/furniture.xnb file, so I just made a new image, repacked it, and it worked. I don't know how you'd go about fixing the Data file...

Maybe try contacting the mod author?

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

It sounds like you replaced the wrong file (Data\Furniture.xnb contains data, Tilesheets\Furniture.xnb contains images). you can reset your content files to fix that.