1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Fun with Gravitons V3.22

Defying gravity!

1. Storm_UK

Storm_UK Existential Complex

Storm_UK submitted a new mod:

Graviton Elevators - Defying gravity!

Read more about this mod...

2. Storm_UK

3. Zlyvr

Zlyvr Phantasmal Quasar

No more Gravrails? :(

4. Storm_UK

Unfortunately no, unless I create ones which would be essentially be very long objects rather than ones which project a calculated area of effect, which would be a pain for players to place. With the upcoming improved skyrail system I figured the old gravrails weren't worth trying to salvage.

5. Dracosity

Dracosity Void-Bound Voyager

I don't really understand how this works. Are the gravrings supposed to be placeable? Are the gravpads supposed to make you levitate a few inches off the ground? I don't see any explanation about how these things are supposed be placed.

6. Storm_UK

The gravrings need to anchor themselves to either side. The first gravring above a gravpad should be placed close enough to the pad so that it will propel you within reach of the ring, which should in turn propel you upwards far enough to the next ring you have placed. This may take some some experimenting, though I find a 4-6 tile gap above a pad depending on the model of the graviton devices should suffice.

7. BreakingForce

BreakingForce Big Damn Hero

this is a really cool idea. seriously, i want to love it, and i'll probably find a way to work it into my constructions somehow eventually. That said, i have a couple issues. First, i don't like that the rings have to be anchored by two blocks. one would be better. second, i wish there was an even wider model available. the xl is an uneven number of blocks wide, so it doesn't fit in nicely with my very even constructions. Third; and i could forget about both other things if this was altered; the thrust between rings is too low. This means you have to space them too close together for my tastes. It kind of necessitates a dedicated gravshaft, which makes it difficult to work in, especially in planet-wide construction projects where it'd be super handy :X. i feel like harnessing the power of gravity should be able to propel me further than 4-6 blocks. Further than i can jump, at least. 15-20 would be ideal.

8. baconsama25

baconsama25 Cosmic Narwhal

A shame the current game has "broken" some of the utility of it, but hope to see it renewed on 1.0! :)

9. Delos-X

Delos-X Scruffy Nerf-Herder

May I ask if this mod still works? If so, could I get the file names for spawnitem, as I'm unable to unpack the .modpak file to find out myself. I'd like to use it on an asteroid field base. Thanks!

I'm going to just do this. @Storm_UK just in case you see this or not.

10. Storm_UK

There is a 'working' version available on the Steam Workshop at present. For spawnitem, you need style_size_gravpad / style_size_gravring, replacing style with tier3, tier4, serene, geometric, wave,opulent, doom, or executive and size with tiny, small, normal, large or xl.

11. Delos-X

Delos-X Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Aaah, thank you! This wasn't exactly what I was hoping for, but I can still make use of it!

I don't know why, but for some reason I thought it would change the gravity in a local area - I'm currently working on an asteroid base but I may end up abandoning it because of the gravity. Thanks nonetheless!

12. Storm_UK

Storm_UK updated Graviton Elevators with a new update entry:

v2.03

Read the rest of this update entry...

13. sosmic

sosmic Pangalactic Porcupine

One of the best mod and much better elevator than vanilla one.
    Thx for keeping this mod updated.

Could you upload it on steam workshop plz ?
    It will be much easier to keep mods updated on servers.

14. Storm_UK

15. Storm_UK

Thanks sosmic. It is already available on Steam workshop here.

16. Storm_UK

17. TOFUFreak

TOFUFreak Void-Bound Voyager

I really like this mod, and there's only one feature I'm missing: the ability to configure the power of the pads/rings up to a tier-based maximum (instead of the first and last one having reduced power)...
    The reason why I thought of this is because with the current setup it's kind of an elevator, but I would like it to be more cannon-like, thus people having to configure it properly for it to work like they want it.

18. Storm_UK

Graviton Force Fields

19. Storm_UK

20. Storm_UK

Graviton Rails