1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Fully Customizable Ship 2.0 Upbeat Giraffe Beta

Lets you customize your ship block by block

1. Darkmere

Darkmere Zero Gravity Genie

I have a simple request. Is there any way you could include duplicates of the non-obtainable ship items, like thrusters, the tech station, and pilot's chair? If you happen to lose one of those you're kinda boned unless you make another character with the mod to steal the basic parts from another starter ship or pull some filename chicanery and repeatedly generate new ships for irreplaceable parts.

2. Taiine

Taiine Pangalactic Porcupine

Could you also make the ship out of something other then.. you know.. -wood-? The default back walls of the ship would work just as well.

3. Eppy

Eppy Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Keep in mind that you're able to scan and 3D print all the assorted ship parts by default. Quite useful - that's how I got spares for the one I posted. :)

Darkmere likes this.
  4. Princeofmar5

Princeofmar5 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Like Eppy said you can print the other ship parts. Also, the ship is made out of wood because it encourages people to build the ship from scratch (plus I suck at building) I will hopefully be including extra ships to choose from in future updates.

5. Phyrex

Phyrex Parsec Taste Tester

is 100x100 really the limit to build ? thats way too small.
    there's been modded ship much bigger than that.

ok, nevermind the rant, just did a test and went 500 blocks to the left without trouble

Last edited: Dec 18, 2013
  6. Princeofmar5

Yeah that was back when I thought the dropshipblocks.png file determined the size.

7. Darkmere

Darkmere Zero Gravity Genie

I did not know that. Problem solved, carry on. :up:

8. Phyrex

Phyrex Parsec Taste Tester

you might want to correct that in your mod post if thats not already done

Murlocking likes this.
  9. Gazz

Gazz Scruffy Nerf-Herder

@ Spectorial

A SSD? Now that takes Thinking Big to an entirely new level! =)

10. Princeofmar5

Wow I didn't even know I didn't update that.

11. Spectorial

Spectorial Void-Bound Voyager

@Gazz

I'm still hunting all the forniture i need, but i already have my stormtrooper guard ready for action :D

12. RavenX

RavenX Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Just wanted to say this is the BEST MOD for Starbound, period. This REALLY should be included with the game. You sir, have the thanks of all of us who want to build massive ships that devour worlds for their resources. Borg Cube / Brainiac Starbase here I come!!!

Well done brother.

13. Princeofmar5

Glad you like it, I know for a while they were experimenting with adding customization like this to the game but I think they decided against it.

14. RavenX

RavenX Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Yes because Tiy didn't like the way the blocks he used looked. As I was watching the clip of him do it I was thinking "Just give us blocks that match the ship and keep it in game!!!". Being able to fully design your own ship just seems like a natural progression in Starbound.

Please keep up the great work. When the next (and hopefully last) wipe comes I want to use your awesome Mod from the start of the game. I'll still build homes and facilities on my planets as I do now, but being able to take the main things I need on my ship without it looking all cluttered up like it does now if you fit the necessary crafting stations on a ship is important to me. I really can't believe having players design their own ships from the start wasn't planned for Starbound when so many other aspects of the game are built around customization.

15. Wrekonize

Wrekonize Seal Broken

Awesome mod! I've only had a little bit of time to work on my ship, but it works great!

I did lose most of my thrusters by accident though because I wasn't standing close enough to them to auto pickup them when I took them down. They are floating in space somewhere, but I did make my own thrusters with some torches. I can't wait to find and craft NPC spawners up in here.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

16. NOTtheMessiah

NOTtheMessiah Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Decided to remake the vanilla-style ship with available blocks. Might even turn it into a .structure.

Attached Files:

DomoRaider, Haedes and skulledrebel like this.
  17. D4rkWolf93

D4rkWolf93 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Arg I've been making a ship but its starting to lag my computer for some reason :rofl:
    I'll be posting it up here soon (have not been on starbound every day for last few days, been trying out dayz, think I'll mainly play dayz with friends and sick to starbound more :p)

18. Dasmoke

Dasmoke Aquatic Astronaut

Awesome Mod , really thx.

[​IMG]

19. The 64-bit Arcade

The 64-bit Arcade Space Hobo

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaats up guys
    Loved this mod so much that I thought ide do a Showcase for it over at this a' link

Hope you enjoy,
    Hudson out-

DomoRaider likes this.
  20. Pohany

Pohany Parsec Taste Tester

great mod!!
    [​IMG][​IMG]