1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Fully Customizable Ship 2.0 Upbeat Giraffe Beta

Lets you customize your ship block by block

1. mtgvoryo

mtgvoryo Industrial Terraformer

Will this mod be updated to unstable(Upbeat Giraffe)?

2. DarthTrethon

DarthTrethon Spaceman Spiff

If you can find a way to work with the ship upgrades, that's great, but difficult to foresee when everyone's ship can be of any shape and size....still, surprise us. But on a more important note: can you try to pull off a system like MadTulip has in his custom ship mod with the tile setter and ability to craft all the different ship fins, decorations and guns? Those would be far more valuable than making the upgrades work imo.

3. Dean102

Dean102 Void-Bound Voyager

Hey, when I delete my character's ship world file, the basic ship is still there. Please help!

4. DarthTrethon

Sounds to me like you didn't properly install the mod.

5. Dean102

What do you mean? I did everything right! when I made a new character, I got the default wooden ship, but when I tried giving one of my older characters the custom ship, it just didn't show up. (P.S does this mod work on vanilla multiplayer?)

6. DarthTrethon

lol....most mods don't work in MP unless everyone on the server has them too.

7. Dean102

Well, my server is compatible with the mod, but I did the instructions for the mod. Delete the character's ship world file, and the game will give the character a basic ship. but it didn't happen

8. Carl_the_freeman35

Carl_the_freeman35 Void-Bound Voyager

It dose not work on unstable of nightly because it has not been updated yet

9. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

The quickest way probably to update this mod is to remove the ship upgrades all together and start it off as a level 8 ship.
    Though it will alter balance a bit - but nothing really can be done about that. Also some of the quests need to be changed around too to make it all work.

DarthTrethon and Ketoth like this.
  10. Techkid

Techkid Subatomic Cosmonaut

not working for me :( I have the stable version.

11. Illmad

Illmad Phantasmal Quasar

I'm refusing to play the new stable version until this mod (or a similar mod) gets updated. Just saying. Being unable to freely alter our only permanent home is to me a big enough bummer to put me off playing the vanilla version.

12. Techkid

theres more to the game then your ship lol. I have had a lot of fun today using the new stuff. Got my ship fully upgraded.

13. DarthTrethon

Yeah but your ship is always going to be home number one and I don't really like any of the default ships......I too agree that it's hard to enjoy this game to the fullest without a proper mod that lets you build your custom ship, this mod is ok but MadTulip's and Fight for the Universe are better.....one of these need to make their way to the Stable.

14. Techkid

cant wait till this mod gets updated. With the new bigger ships this'll be great

15. maddiplomat

maddiplomat Space Hobo

This really needs to be in the main game some day. I made a modest ship since I plan to play the game some more using the old stable release... If I ever start over I can totally see making an insanely huge ship, though, lol :)
    Starbound.jpg

Princeofmar5 likes this.
  16. Princeofmar5

Princeofmar5 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm currently working on an update. I haven't had much time to work on it but it will be out as soon as possible.

Darkarma and DarthTrethon like this.
  17. sxlwa

sxlwa Subatomic Cosmonaut

thanks!

18. Skhmt

Skhmt Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Need any help? I have no plans to support custom races with my small mod so I don't mind lending a hand :)

19. Dzony_B

Dzony_B Subatomic Cosmonaut

I just came here to see if there is any news for Giraffe update... I guess there are.

I'm so hyped now :lickitung:

good lusck working on that update and hope to see it soon :D thanks.

20. Princeofmar5

Princeofmar5 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

A quick update on the mod, new characters have custom ships. I'm currently testing the transition through the tiers to see how custom ships hold when ships get an upgrade. This process might take some time since it involves actually progressing through the game.

RatixFarrence likes this.