1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed FullScreen Not Working Properly

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Rowdy Art, Dec 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rowdy Art

Rowdy Art Subatomic Cosmonaut

Just thought I'd let everyone out there testing away the 1st tier of the beta that fullscreen isn't working properly at the moment. Whenever I tried going fullscreen on the main menu it got rid of my cursor, so I couldn't press any buttons or do anything else with the game. Whenever I did it ingame it crashed the game and sent me a flurry of menus.

Finn_McCool5 and JackOfAllTrades like this.
  2. tuxxilla

tuxxilla Orbital Explorer

Best Answer
    One thing I noticed with fullscreen is, that it only works if you select the exact resolution your system is currently running in. I did not experience crashes, but could not enter fullscreen until selecting the correct resolution.

3. JackOfAllTrades

JackOfAllTrades Cosmic Narwhal

Yes, I noticed that. Strangely, after I ticked the little full screen box, it seemed that I was able to get my cursor to reappear by pressing the backspace key. Still, I don't think full screen is working correctly, given that, for me, it seems to just zoom in.

4. Rowdy Art

Did some more fiddling around with fullscreen. I noticed that, like you said, it just zooms in, but after i zoomed in it seemed to fix the fps issues I was having with the game earlier.I also came to see that with the fullscreen zoom all the type and things on the monster menus that pop up during a fight are completely messed up. Just wanted to post a little update on my further finds with fullscreen.After i "unpaused" the game from when I "paused" it to write this, my game crashed and again gave me the spam of screens telling me the game "This application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way".

JackOfAllTrades likes this.
  5. Avalen

Avalen Master Chief

For me I made the resolution fit my screen then check the full-screen mode box and it worked properly. But not having the res' at the proper fit makes full-screen be bonkers.

6. tuxxilla

tuxxilla Orbital Explorer

Best Answer
    One thing I noticed with fullscreen is, that it only works if you select the exact resolution your system is currently running in. I did not experience crashes, but could not enter fullscreen until selecting the correct resolution.

7. Rowdy Art

Hmm, well then I'll try that and see if it corrects fullscreen for me, thanks guys.

8. Tauntaun_Taffer

Tauntaun_Taffer Master Chief

Whenever I check the Fullscreen box, it zooms in. It's set at the correct resoultion 1920x1080. Playing in Windowed Mode is probably lowering my fps because I have an i7 3770k and GTX 680. Aside from this posting, I haven't seen anybody else post about the Fullscreen zoom problem. Hope it isn't just a small group of people.

9. xxskidxx

xxskidxx Space Hobo

My game also will not go fullscreen. It only stays in windowed mode. Ive tried putting my resolution as it is on my monitor, but my resolution is 1360x768, while in the game the closest resolution to mine is 1366x768. When ever I check fullscreen it does not take it out of windowed mode, help?

10. Glaveir

Glaveir Space Hobo

That is the exact same issue I have. Also, in windowed mode, the bigger the window, or the more zoomed out I am in game, the laggier the game gets.

tepiggamer likes this.
  11. Sick Sad World

Sick Sad World Subatomic Cosmonaut

Yup, this is exactly what Fullscreen does for me, as well. It just zooms in, but it's still in window mode and everything. Just thought I'd share the problem, too.

12. Sleepy Mexican

Sleepy Mexican Intergalactic Tourist

i have a problem with fullscreen as well, i click the box for fullscreen, the little V shows in the box but hen i click accept it doesnt change to fullscreen :(

13. Chimaira

Chimaira Space Hobo

Hi! I just tried this as a fix as i have the same res as you guys... head over to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Starbound and click the starbound.config file. Once it opens select notepad as the program to use. Use the find button or ctrl-f and type fullscreen... switch the false to true. Right next to it is fullscreenResolution .. change that to your exact windows res. Worked for me till I alt-tabbed out.. then you gotta restart.

14. Finn_McCool5

Finn_McCool5 Space Hobo

hey Chimarira the configure file is messed up, any tips?

15. Jade Dee Tatad

Jade Dee Tatad Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Tnx :DD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.