1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Fullscreen broke my game

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by glitchinthematrix, Jul 23, 2016.

Tags:
  1. glitchinthematrix

glitchinthematrix Poptop Tamer

So I launched starbound 1.0 and decided that I wanted to play in fullscreen so I checked the little fullscreen box in the settings (I made sure the fullscreen resolution was set to 1920x1080, the same resolution as my display) and when I checked the box suddenly all I could see was the top right corner of the game. It took up my ENTIRE SCREEN. Now I can't play. Pressing the key to toggle fullscreen (F11) doesn't work. I even went into the config file (under giraffe_storage cuz is was the only directory with a config file) but fullscreen was set to false. Does anyone have any idea what's happening and how I can fix it?

2. sleepyreaper

sleepyreaper Space Hobo

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Starbound\storage and edit the starbound.xml file in notepad. Towards the ends you'll see fullscreen, edit that to false and play the game until they fix it.

3. Orion_Pax

Orion_Pax Pangalactic Porcupine

Just delete starbound.config from Steam\steamapps\common\Starbound\storage and isettings will be reset to default with newly created starbound.config

4. glitchinthematrix

glitchinthematrix Poptop Tamer

It worked! Thanks!