Full RGB scale for character creation?

Discussion in 'Starbound FAQs, Q&A, and General Help' started by Britefire, Jan 4, 2013.

1. Britefire

Britefire Supernova

Is it known whether or not you will be able to select RGB values to color your character in the full game, or will you be limited to a few pre-selected colors?

I really hope we will get full RGB colors in the game, as pre-selected colors are very limiting when trying to make a character. :(

2. Dzelda

Dzelda Parsec Taste Tester

I do too man. But then again the character creation screen says under the disclaimers that it may be changed int he future.

Such a suggestion sounds super legit though. Id endorse such a decision only since it opens up such a wide range of unique color options.

Patrick likes this.
  3. That'd certainly be an interesting experiment.

4. Knight9910

Knight9910 Existential Complex

I can't remember where, but I seem to recall reading somewhere that the devs said they did intend to do this...

5. Stargazer

Stargazer Existential Complex

There's no reason for them not to; it just gives us more customization.

6. Strife

Strife Existential Complex

I'm also really hoping we'll get an RBG slider. Hate being locked into pre-set colors ... reduces the ability for customization by far more than people realize.

Alternal likes this.
  7. Haruhi Suzumiya

Haruhi Suzumiya Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I believe this has already been suggested somewhere, can't remember though.

8. DakoShark

DakoShark Pangalactic Porcupine

Even if they don't get a full slider, maybe have a box you click on and it brings up a color pallete. The pallete would have around 15 color boxes, in 3 rows. Top being lighter, middle normal, bottom darker.

Something similar to this: [​IMG]

It would give you a lot more customization while not allowing people to make like pure absolute black avatars, it's not as good as a RBG slider but it would probably work decent in place of one.

Rekalty, Zangoose, Passarbye and 4 others like this.
  9. EnderRydel

EnderRydel Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Yeah, an RBG slider would be nice for further customization. So far the colors seem just a tad bit bland to me. At the very least a color pallete like Dako suggested would be nice.

Patrick likes this.
  10. Knight9910

Considering the rule of this game seems to be "ultimate customization" I would be pretty surprised if they didn't give us this.

11. Steam Pirate

Steam Pirate Space Kumquat

Terraria had it. Easy enought to implement i think.

12. I prefer an HSB color palette, but that's fine too

Spirittis likes this.
  13. Britefire

Britefire Supernova

A HSB palette would be amazing as well, anything that gives more than a handful of colors is great in my opinion!

14. NicoWaves

NicoWaves Scruffy Nerf-Herder

:eek: Starbound has a color theme?

15. Patrick

Patrick Scruffy Nerf-Herder

With the 2nd one, it is their choice to look like that so if they want to it does not harm anyone.

16. Patrick

Patrick Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Ah, I did not miss it, I just misread it. Silly me.

WoxandWarf likes this.
  17. Knight9910

Actually, I think what he said is perfectly accurate. If you want to be pink as Hell, that's your choice. Who cares? Also, dude, seriously? Have you, like, not looked at any of the screenshots or gameplay videos for Starbound? You talk like Starbound is Gears of War, where the only colors in the game are brown, gray, and muzzle flash.

In Starbound you can travel to a planet with purple grass and lime green sky, and fight chartreuse ant-pigs with fuschia polka dots. Saying you won't "fit the color scheme" of Starbound is like saying your giant clown shoes will clash with Elton John's wardrobe. It is literally a meaningless statement.

Zomgmeister, RexMori and Strife like this.
  18. Knight9910

So, you're just going to ignore all arguments and repeat yourself over and over until we agree with you?

TF2 is irrelevant, because Starbound is not TF2.

Got it memorized? If you want a better example look at Terraria, which has am RGB slider, and you never "don't fit the color scheme."

Zomgmeister, RexMori and WoxandWarf like this.
  19. Crimson

Crimson Subatomic Cosmonaut

He's actually saying that his second point isn't as bad as he thought. He's not disagreeing with you or against the color scheme?

Got it memorized?

20. Knight9910

Not sure how you got that interpretation, but whatever. I'm not going to keep arguing and get myself in trouble over him.

WoxandWarf likes this.