1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue Full Inventory in Shop -> Stuck

Discussion in 'Support' started by ElDuffo, Feb 28, 2016.

1. ElDuffo

ElDuffo Intergalactic Tourist

On my first day i gathered wood, stones etc until my inventory was completely full. When i entered the shop, i mistakingly clicked on a seed. Because of this i couldn´t do anything. I could not exit the shop page because the seeds were "in my hands" so i wasn´t able to click the "X" (close) button. I also couldn´t sell the seeds back, so i was completely stuck and had to leave the game by Alt+F4. I suggest it should be possible to sell the stuff you bought back while still in the shop page by clicking the right mouse button or something. Otherwise if your inventory is full and you mistakingly click and buy something in the shop you´re stuck and have to quit the game, therefore losing the entire day.

This is not part of this topic, but i also suggest to maybe slow the time-passing by 20 or 30 % because after watering a rather small field of crops even with a copper watercan it´s already 1-3 pm.

There are also some pages on walls which you can´t look at by right-clicking, like the one right to the calendar on the wall at Pierre´s shop.

JustPassingBy and Schaeffer like this.
    • dfirehawkc

dfirehawkc Void-Bound Voyager

I had a similar situation with the community center menus. I know there was this update: "No longer possible to exit the Community Center menus while having an item selected by the cursor (which used to delete that item)," but I think it is causing problems with being stuck in menus where you can't get rid of the item in hand because of full inventories but you also can't sell the item, nor close the menu because of that something in hand. It might be nice to be able to "throw" or place items on the ground around you by clicking on the area outside of the box you might be in or be able to close the window without getting rid of the item in hand.

• ElDuffo

ElDuffo Intergalactic Tourist

Yes, I also think this would be quite useful.

• Schaeffer

Schaeffer Space Spelunker

Wanted to add to this that the same issue ElDuffo had just accidentally happened to me and I had to Alt+F4. Please solve this by allowing players to click the X or press Esc to get out of a shop screen!

• JustPassingBy

JustPassingBy Space Spelunker

Just happened to me after a very long day in the evening. Very frustrating. :(

• alessandrouw

alessandrouw Void-Bound Voyager

This bug is still in-game. Just lost a full day of work when I bought a bait from Willy with my full inventory.

• dhermann

dhermann Space Hobo

Uggggghhhhhhhhhhhh me too

• rkagerer

rkagerer Intergalactic Tourist

Related bug: You can't upgrade a tool in the Blacksmith shop if your inventory is full. Doesn't make sense since upgrading a tool entails GIVING it to him meaning you're decreasing, not increasing, your inventory load.

• mrsphl0xX

mrsphl0xX Space Hobo

Urghhh this bug is still not fixed!

• Pangaearocks

Pangaearocks Big Damn Hero

Don't know what the game was like in this regard on release, but in the current version you can drop something in the garbage can and manage to move on. Not ideal, but usually there is something not-so-valuable there you can drop, like sap, seaweed, algae or suchlike.

What I've burned myself on several times is buying something in the shop, then without thinking clicking on it to rearrange the inventory. Which causes the item to be sold if it can be sold. Not great when I bought several very expensive fruit tree seeds.... :facepalm:

• silentnox

silentnox Master Chief

Solution that worked for me:
                        happened to me when i finished fishing and decided to buy wood. i caught some Legends and was frustrated thinking i would have to restart. then i raped the keyboard and found out alt + enter (toggle window and full screen mode) closed the buy menu.

the only downside is that items i was holding disappears

Proventus Avenicci likes this.
                        • DevonC8

DevonC8 Space Hobo

alt + enter allows you to exit, thanks silentnox