1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Full Custom Signs (Deprecated) 1.3.1 (Upbeat Giraffe)

Make your own custom signs! Animated! Wired! Now with full RGBA support and a snazzy interface!

1. Wellbott

Wellbott Existential Complex

Wellbott submitted a new mod:

Full Custom Signs - Craft your own custom signs! Words? Maps? Forbidden Sigils? Anything goes!

Read more about this mod...

2. Crisium

Crisium Cosmic Narwhal

I cant wait to see where you go with this. It sounds like you have some big planes I hope you can get them to all work. Great Mod

3. PabloM

PabloM Pangalactic Porcupine

Just throwing this out there, but is there any chance this kind of technique could be used by something like ConstructionSquared as an in-game version of their structure creator program?

4. Wellbott

It'd take some work, but yes, this could conceivably summon a map of the nearby terrain onto which people could place whole buildings.

5. Wellbott

Wellbott updated Full Custom Signs with a new update entry:

Animations and frames, wires and containers

Read the rest of this update entry...

6. Pontiac

Pontiac Subatomic Cosmonaut

I'm having a Z-level issue. It seems as though your mod UI is showing up under anything that is in the foreground. For instance;

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

But at least it does come up once I figured it was ARMOR and not a usable item. This keybinding also conflicts with having a mech or bulldozer. FORTUNATELY literally 10 minutes before I installed this mod, I moved my player files over to dropbox and was able to revert before the bulldozer took out my entire stack of ores. ... but... not all was lost. After the revert, I realized the character now has DOUBLE the ores. {chuckle}

[​IMG]

7. Wellbott

The zLevel thing I just had to ignore. I'm not sure if anything can go in front of foreground tiles, aside from actual UI elements, which the whole tech solution is a stand-in for while we wait for more engine support.

8. Crisium

Crisium Cosmic Narwhal

Wow ,Keep up the great work. I can't help but wonder what you have planed next...

9. Chucksef

Chucksef Aquatic Astronaut

I feel like an idiot but I can't seem to get this to work. I have the big brush crafted. I've tried equipping it by putting it in my hands, using it like I would use a new tech to "learn" it, putting it on my back, everything. No matter what I do with the thing, though, nothing ever happens when I press F.

I have a few other mods in the game. Is there a chance anything could conflict with it?

Thanks regardless, the is such an obviously needed mod and you've made the game better by doing what you've done!

Chucksef

10. Chucksef

Chucksef Aquatic Astronaut

Solved my problem. I didn't realize the Tech it granted was invisible! Thanks again!

11. Pontiac

Pontiac Subatomic Cosmonaut

I seem to be getting a "flashing" ordeal. I'm not using any additional frames. Trying to see a pattern, but its a bit random. It looks like its "off" for two frames, then on - off - on - off - on. The interval looks to be usually 250ms or so? So it toggles its frame at 4fps? It isn't consistent though. Sometimes it flashes twice as fast for one "interval".

Edit: Just for curiosity sake, I decided to duplicate the same frame 10 times, and I'm still getting the flashing. Going to try on a planet.

Edit #2: On the planet, whenever the game has to "think", such as when meteors are falling, the image flashes, but not as a regular pattern. So my thought is that because I'm using a lot of parts on my ship (Using Starfoundry) the lag seems to cause problems and makes it flash.

12. Wellbott

It seems to be caused by an unfortunate syncing issue between the screen refreshing and the script being called. Since fps caps at 60 but can bounce around anywhere, I minimized the issue but couldn't get rid of it. The alternative is just as weird looking and more consistent (pixels persisting slightly even after the sign frame changes).

13. Varriount

Varriount Scruffy Nerf-Herder

How CPU intensive would this mod be with static signs (no animations)?
    I'm debating either using this, or one of the pre-made sign mods.

14. Crisium

Crisium Cosmic Narwhal

with just static signs I would say it would be about the same intensiveness as any other mod such as print & pack and so on

15. RadishKing321

RadishKing321 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Is this multiplayer friendly?

16. Crisium

Crisium Cosmic Narwhal

I'm sure it would be, however I would bet with 4-5 people using 30 to 50 flashing signs would become real CPU intensive and would slow down FPS alot. ( Mind you this is only a guess )

17. tjmayer

tjmayer Space Hobo

I am having an issue with this mod. Like chucksef above, I am apparently not "getting it." I tried equipping it on my hands like a weapon, on my back, tried learning it like a tech.

I pressed F with it on my back, no interface is coming up.. What do i have to do?

18. tjmayer

tjmayer Space Hobo

Sigh, nevermind, i guess you have to remove one of your tech slots to leave it open, then use that to make the sign.

19. StarB1nder

StarB1nder Void-Bound Voyager

Please make vertical signs.

20. Wellbott

Wellbott updated Full Custom Signs with a new update entry:

Provisional Nightly Update

Read the rest of this update entry...