1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

From Bad To Worse (Starbound No Longer Playable)

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Sorage55, Jul 31, 2016.

1. Sorage55

Sorage55 Space Hobo

I've spent hours, too many hours playing Starbound. Great game, except for a few problems only I seem to be having and none of my other friends.

The First Problem - Universal Migration:

One day, whether from that one recent power-out inside my house that shut off my pc, or simply from saving a quitting, I found that right after logging into my character they were on their ship.. which seemed to be moving somewhere. The ship gets out of warp drive on a completely random system to a completely random beginner's planet. Going to the teleporter I discover that all of my bookmarks are gone, going to the planet and heading to its Ark teleporter, I discover I need to collect core fragments for it! If this wasn't bad enough, once I went down and got the fragments and hopped through to The Outpost, I realized that some of the shops were closed! Like in the beginning, the Terramart and the 2-Stop Teleshop, and the Ursa Miner and Frogg Furniture shops were all shut down, and the quest for the Ursa Miner not even up. In fact the quests themselves were all up to date as Esther was still waiting for me to complete the floran part of the main quest. This problem which deleted all of my bookmarks was crippling but not completely lost, as a friend pointed out to me that I could track my quests on the ship computer to teleport back to the system of its origin, which is also where my own hub is!

The Worse Problem - The Unexpanding Ship:

I carried on with the game for some time, beating the Floran quest dungeon and finishing up the Hyolotl dungeon, I had collected a couple crew members along the way and was having a blast again when a thought occured to me. Looking at a friend's ship and progress they were behind me in the main quests but progressed in other ways such as expanding their ship, gaining crew members and completing side quests. His ship was huge! And yet mine was still tier 1, the base upgrade after the Erichus mining facility. I looked around online and found that the Illegal vendor can sell upgrades like in the beta, but also that one would be provided if we got the max crew members. I already found 2 but never got a bigger ship, which leads me to fear the (now multiple) Universal Migration problems affected more than just the teleporter and the Outpost, but my ship's expanion as well.

Aside from that, I had tried growing crops on my ship fearing that I would never be able to make a proper home on a planet, the first batch of the small crops grew fine, but then they stopped growing despite watering and replanting.

The Curse - It Became Hereditary:

And finally what made me feel 'done' with this game is when I tried making a new character. If all these problems happened maybe it was limited to the character I was on? I made another character, skipped the intro mission and started digging for the core. Got me fragments and went to the gate, stepped through, talked to Esther, accepted her quest along with Nuru and.. wait what? Nuru and that Hylotyl scholar were there in their spots, the Terramart, Frogg Furniture and 2-Stop shop were still unopened (however Ursa Miner was open, without its teddy bear quest). The penguins were open too downstairs yet I was still able to accept the Dreadwing and Armorer quests.

In the end
    maybe all I can do is reinstall the game, sacrificing dozens of hours of play, collecting and enjoying the game in order to see if it all mattered if I reinstalled or if things would repeat themselves.

I haven't found anyone else have this problem when searching online, can someone help me?

2. Hel

Hel ✨ Johto's Finest ✨ Forum Moderator

1. I heard redoing the Echrius Horror mission again restores your Outpost back to the way it was.

Don't quote me on that. I heard it worked for some and not for others.

2. I have the Tier 08 ship without Crew Members. You buy the licenses at the Penguin Bay and assuming you have the right Upgrade Module amount, you can get Pirate Pete to upgrade it for you.

I've heard you get your Tier 02 upgrade when you get 2 crew members, Since I have never done a game play with Crew Members, I don't know how it works.

3. Sorage55

Sorage55 Space Hobo

I'll try to redo the Erichus Mission and see if that helps, faintly I remember looking at Penguin Pete and not seeing the option for upgrading my ship, hopefully i'm one of those few that are helped by redoing the Mission Quest (and if that helps reinitializing Penguin Pete, even better!) Thank you for answering some of my questions.

4. Anonoriginal

Anonoriginal Void-Bound Voyager

To be fair,
    I just go into admin mode when I want something and spawn it lol
    I don't wait for the terra mart to open just to get a food bowl

5. Sorage55

Sorage55 Space Hobo

Ah, as it seem redoing the Erichus Horror mission has re-unlocked everything, now to just hope I don't suffer another Universal Migration (either that or keep a stock of core fragments onboard just in case)

However I find spending 20,000 pixels for a fake license is a little overboard to get to tier 2 ship, and talking to Penguin Pete only shows options for purchasing vehicles..

Last edited: Jul 31, 2016
  6. Anonoriginal

Anonoriginal Void-Bound Voyager

Erichus horror always freezes on me.
    Never could do it
    Had to use the console and manually finish it