1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed Frequency of Meteor Showers.

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Hymir, Dec 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gb3792

gb3792 Subatomic Cosmonaut

So yesterday I summoned the bone dragon boss on a planet with occasional meteor showers (I've encountered three on there over the course of a couple hours, so they seem to be fairly frequent). So everything goes as normal, boss and I are exchanging attacks, and sure enough, suddenly it starts raining meteors again. The boss got taken out by two meteors, I barely did anything to him.

Not that I'm complaining, I mean I appreciate the help. But I assume this is probably not how the devs intended you to defeat their bosses.

2. LilyV3

LilyV3 Master Astronaut

Did the meteor grabbed the loot?

afaik they said they gonna add something later for the bosses to be not like they are now.

3. gb3792

gb3792 Subatomic Cosmonaut

No, I dove in between the falling meteors, grabbed it, and then beamed back to my ship before getting a face full of space rock.

I found this event very amusing as a whole.

---

Anyway, I do hope they improve this feature instead of removing it entirely. With some tweaking this could be a fun mechanic. It just needs some indication of where meteors are gonna fall (which the devs said they're gonna put in), and also there should be materials that withstand repeated impacts, preferably metal.

Also I think it would be neat if there was some sort of hellish death biome with an absurdly high chance of meteors (properly marked as such) because trying to build a house in such a place sounds like fun.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.