Modding Help Freeplace mod?

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by ZornieKins, Feb 7, 2016.

Tags:
  1. ZornieKins

ZornieKins Void-Bound Voyager

So I was trying to find a mod that would let me place objects anywhere, 'cause I have an empty (cool) shelf and I wanted to put stuff on it. But nope! Can't place things on the thing you should be able to put things on. So I was just wondering if anyone has made one and I'm just not able to find one. All I was able to find was Fallout 4 stuff... Seems to happen a lot when I look for Starbound mods.

2. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

Objects can not overlap other objects. Well, I do know one way, but it is not even remotely practical, so I wont go down that route.

3. ZornieKins

ZornieKins Void-Bound Voyager

Just because its not practical doesn't mean its bad or anything, and you've peaked my interest saying that.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 7, 2016
  4. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

Partially true. It depends on their "spaces" value, but you can make objects visually (but not fuctionally) overlap.

Relten likes this.
  5. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

But that would mean altering every object you want to have overlap. Which isn't very practical.

6. mastercookie

mastercookie Existential Complex

i dont know if it can be done with vanilla things, theres literally thousands of them, so even if it is possible, its TONS of work.
    however ive been trying to do that with modded things and its possible to leave just one square (anchor point) on each object,
    and its not very good because it may be hard to get rid of it with matter manipultor or smth, especially if the object is big.

id personally love to place objects everywhere as well

7. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

if you want to re-draw every art asset in the game and then rework the base code so that it can function in this way...sure. Otherwise it isn't possible to do what you want to do. It's not a 3d engine where you can interact more freely with your surroundings. Sorry :)