1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Freedom of Movement + Better Dash 1.0

New and improved running and dashing!

1. Alex_Hupsch

Alex_Hupsch Void-Bound Voyager

Alex_Hupsch submitted a new mod:

Freedom of Movement + Better Dash - New and improved running and dashing!

Read more about this mod...

2. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

Yeah the conflict thing is why I made my techs independent/non vanilla replacements. I'm going to suggest you go ahead and do the same.

But with all the tech mods coming out, I think I should rename them so people have an idea what they're using - in the event they have an issue etc, but also so they don't accidentally select the wrong one with similar names.

3. A-Vladimir

A-Vladimir Scruffy Nerf-Herder

dragonhold24 likes this.
  4. greenRAM

greenRAM Giant Laser Beams

Thought about how this could be improved, so I went ahead and tested a few things out in my own game. First, I made the edited techs separate from the original techs to improve compatibility. Then, I made them available for each tech section. The wall jump doesn't seem to play well with the double jump unfortunately, so I added an additional jump for the walljump to compensate. I made a few improvements to the techs that I felt might help them be more useful and raised the cost a tad to justify the changes. I also made them all available only after completing their respective tech missions.

I know very little about editing the lua files, so this is as far as I can go to improve this. Thought I might put this experiment out there to see if you or anyone else wanted to use any of this. I'd love to see a version where all of the parts played better together.

edit: I'd like to see these changes published, as I can see it being useful for others on here even in it's current state. If anyone else has anything to add, especially with the coding, I'd be happy to see it develop and published with someone else. Otherwise, I might go ahead and upload it properly myself. It looks like Alex_Hupsch hasn't been on in awhile, so I'll forgo asking permissions for now on that end. Let me know what you think when you're on again, if you can.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 1, 2017
    dragonhold24 likes this.
  5. Rookas

Rookas Void-Bound Voyager

just installed this, but I cant use my distortion sphere tech. How do I fix this?

6. dragonhold24

dragonhold24 Void-Bound Voyager

Bug: Fade Applied to Character Permanently
    Shortly after using either the Dash or Blink-Dash techs my character fades to white and doesn't change back unless the tech is unequipped or changed.
    Is there a fix so that the fade disappears?

Using v1.01 by TyrannosaurusHax on v1.3.4 Starbound

Last edited: Jan 17, 2019
  7. SmoOfiN

SmoOfiN Space Hobo

happened the same to me but I tried changing the head tech and upon activating it "worked" but my character froze, the movement controls wouldn't work but everything else did.