Free choose of your armor & weapon skin

Discussion in 'Gear and Items' started by defJAM, May 30, 2013.

?

Do you like this idea?

1. Yes

89.5%
  2. No

10.5%
  3. No opinion

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. defJAM

defJAM Orbital Explorer

Hi Developer

I really like your different outfits shown so far. They are funky.:rofl:

Is it possible to integrate the following idea in the game?
    After the discovery of a new armor or weapon the skin will be unlocked for the particular character. You can choose the skin freely and copy it over any new or old armor. So you are not forced to wear a specific armor because of the stats.
    Keyword: “mirror themselves in the game”. Tiy 10/5/2013 ;)
    This way you can create your own individual character as you like. You can feel free to unfold your creativity in the world of Starbound.
    Maybe realizable through a self-made machine in the game?!

I would appreciate if you gave my idea a chance. :cookie:

defJAM

2. Active Link

Active Link Master Astronaut

Characters will have vanity slots where you can equip different armor/clothes to show instead of what you actually have equipped. It's for if you like the stats on some armor but don't like the way it looks.

WoxandWarf and KuroHinotori like this.
  3. defJAM

defJAM Orbital Explorer

Ohh my god thats cool!

4. KuroHinotori

KuroHinotori Spaceman Spiff

Also, some degree of weapon and ship customization have been talked about, and are likely being worked on as some of the "secrets" we aren't allowed to see in the daily updates.

5. ChaoticGamer

ChaoticGamer Master Astronaut

agree, I would hate seeing same gun over and over again with same color...god please I hope the developer is not making all the gun pink...ruin the camouflage.

6. Gentleraptor

Gentleraptor Pangalactic Porcupine

Hm, I wonder if we could have a vanity slot for guns too? I often see vanity slots, but only for armor. Would be nice to have one for your weapon too.

YukiTrance and ChaoticGamer like this.
  7. ChaoticGamer

ChaoticGamer Master Astronaut

very good point there. I like yours too.

8. MEWMEW

MEWMEW Existential Complex

GUNS HAVE MODS SO I GUESS THEY WILL LOOK DIFFERENT WHEN YOU ATTACH THEM

9. TokamakuYokuu

TokamakuYokuu Sandwich Man

Now that's going to wreak havoc on everyone's ability to identify other people's equipment.

10. Gentleraptor

Well, you could always confine the vanity slot of a sniper rifle to other sniper rifles, so you can't like have a shotgun in the vanity slot or whatever. However, I think with procedual weapons it's going to be hard to begin with...

YukiTrance likes this.
  11. BrutorDragon

BrutorDragon Tiy's Beard

I feel like crafting will open this possibility...

12. Active Link

Active Link Master Astronaut

I don't think vanity slots for weapons would work at all. You don't equip weapons like armor, you select them from the hotbar.

Gentleraptor likes this.
  13. Gentleraptor

Good point. I totally forgot about that, actually...

YukiTrance likes this.
  14. Arcstone

Arcstone Void-Bound Voyager

How about a thing where you open up a small menu or tab or something in your inventory with a slot for every weapon type?
    So you put the pistol you want in the pistol slot, and then thats what shows up whenever you equip a pistol.

15. Arcstone

...and then I noticed the last reply was from june 1th. >_>

16. Serix

Serix Void-Bound Voyager

I like the idea of customizing the armor, but I think weapons should stay the same. Like say you got some legendary weapon you don't want to cover it up with some crap pistol.

17. Arcstone

What do you even mean?
    Thats when you change it, obviusly.

18. kitramos

kitramos Big Damn Hero

well if you do have such a weapon and are so proud of it then you'd simply opt not to customize it. But for those of us who have less impressive or ugly looking weapons that have better stats then any of the good looking weapons we can currently find I'd still like the option to be there.