1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED FrackinUniverse 6.4.22

Enhance your starbound experience in every area. Massive mod.

1. Liavain_Axon

Liavain_Axon Scruffy Nerf-Herder

None of the computers I saw had anything saying the amount of power used. My basic computer, for instance, just says (1%, 10s).
    Oh, and thanks for the Mech response! I walked him through everything (multiple times) and finally had to do it myself and I opened the crafting bench and found the recipes... I gave him a little "bonk" for that one. :rofl: Sorry for the false alarm. lol

Thanks so much again!

2. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

3. NaturesWitness

NaturesWitness Scruffy Nerf-Herder

4. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

cant seem to open that link.

5. NaturesWitness

Pastebin seems buggy lately, I'll just post the log here. Here's the specific error if it helps so you don't have to grab the attachment.

Code:
    [11:04:43.225] [Error] Could not instantiate item '[sapling, 1, {"foliageName":"pear","stemName":"pearwood"}]'. (LuaException) Error code 2, [string "/items/buildscripts/buildsapling.lua"]:17: bad argument #1 to 'floor' (number expected, got nil)
    stack traceback:
        [C]: in ?
        [C]: in function 'math.floor'
        [string "/items/buildscripts/buildsapling.lua"]:17: in function <[string "/items/buildscripts/buildsapling.lua"]:3>
    [11:04:43.225] [Error] Could not instantiate item '[sapling, 1, {"foliageName":"apple","stemName":"applewood"}]'. (LuaException) Error code 2, [string "/items/buildscripts/buildsapling.lua"]:17: bad argument #1 to 'floor' (number expected, got nil)
    stack traceback:
        [string "/items/buildscripts/buildsapling.lua"]:17: in function <[string "/items/buildscripts/buildsapling.lua"]:3>
    [11:04:43.226] [Error] Could not instantiate item '[sapling, 1, {"foliageName":"peach","stemName":"peachwood"}]'. (LuaException) Error code 2, [string "/items/buildscripts/buildsapling.lua"]:17: bad argument #1 to 'floor' (number expected, got nil)
    stack traceback:

Attached Files:

6. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

thanks. thats useful.

issue is More Saplings, not FU. It's outdated (and now is basically part of FU with our recent addition of those tree saplings and the related code)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2020
  7. NaturesWitness

Thanks, I'll get rid of it. I was worried it might be named saplings, which would have sucked. Nice to know I don't need more saplings anymore, one less thing to load.

8. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

named saplings will likely also be incompatible now. anything that edits buildsapling.lua will be.

9. NaturesWitness

Uuggg, that's awful. Even in vanilla keeping saplings sorted out was a nightmare, in FU it'll be impossible. Is there any chance the named saplings code could be worked into FU? I think it's just a few lines. Considering how many more trees FU adds, having them named seems sensible. Also, without it the tree cloner will be practically worthless, as there'll be no way to know what you're combining.

EDIT - Apparently FU already does this, NVM. Now I just need to figure out the new bee system. Can you still get new types through crossbreeding, or does every species have to be found wild?

Last edited: Nov 10, 2020
  10. vladvo

vladvo Void-Bound Voyager

11. slowcold

slowcold Pangalactic Porcupine

Rather enjoying the new research focus, though I've started 7 characters to try and get used to it! :)

One minor suggestion - any chance of stopping the clock while the research tab is open? Or having a Research directory like we have the Lab directory? It'd be nice to be able to take a bit of time to plan out what to research next.

12. Liavain_Axon

It seems after the update I can no longer craft the basic bombs any more. I know the recipe was changed, but the new one does not show up as craftable. I have the Bio-Chem lab and have picked it up and replaced it as well.

~Edit:
    Is the Light I-III EPP Augment obtainable anymore?

Last edited: Nov 11, 2020
  13. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

bombs are one of the first things unlocked. Bombs are now located, unless they are placeable ones, in the Armory in the bombs tab.

No idea. Your log contains no crashes or errors. Methinks this is the wrong one.

14. vladvo

vladvo Void-Bound Voyager

It was the right one for sure. Anyways, I figured out. Linux killed the process. And that's the reason why there are no crashes or errors in log file.
    Guess I need to upgrade my PC. )
    Last startbound log entry:
    [01:02:01.654] [Info] Protected dungeonIds for world set to (6, 7, 65524)
    Linux log:
    Nov 11 00:52:15 Home-PC kernel: [47482.704158] oom_reaper: reaped process 6192 (starbound), now anon-rss:0kB, file-rss:24072kB, shmem-rss:124kB
    Nov 11 01:02:34 Home-PC kernel: [48102.026613] Xorg invoked oom-killer: gfp_mask=0x6200ca(GFP_HIGHUSER_MOVABLE), nodemask=(null), order=0, oom_score_adj=0
    Timestamp almost the same.

Just for information:
    The Out Of Memory (OOM) Killer is a function of the Linux kernel that kills user processes when free RAM is very low, in order to prevent the whole system from going down due to the lack of memory. The function applies some heuristics (it gives each process a score) to decide which process to kill when the system is in such state. The process monopolizing the most memory and not releasing enough of it is more likely to be killed.

15. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

ah. I know exactly 0 about Linux.

16. Liavain_Axon

Ah! I see now. There are two recipes now. A 1 bomb and 10 bomb. I find it odd that the 10 bomb doesn't use string though. :)

Any news on the Light EPP Augments? They are supposed to be sold at the vanilla outpost and I couldn't find it anywhere.

17. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

we don't touch anything to do with those.

18. roru 93

roru 93 Void-Bound Voyager

how do I create a Tattered Grimoire?

19. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

You don't. You must find it in the Baron's Keep mission.

20. cwon162

cwon162 Intergalactic Tourist

Hi Sayter, is there any way in FU to fast travel to the Peace Keeper station after completing each relevant quest?