1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED FrackinUniverse 6.4.22

Enhance your starbound experience in every area. Massive mod.

1. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

2. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

3. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

4. cwon162

cwon162 Intergalactic Tourist

Hi Sayter, do you know how I can make my PC to load Starbound a bit faster with FU installed? See this log, for example --> https://pastebin.com/d1rRJ6VU

Thanks for the mod!

Last edited: Oct 23, 2020
  5. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

the steam version is a single pak file, which may load faster for you.

6. NaturesWitness

NaturesWitness Scruffy Nerf-Herder

There seems to be something breaking the wooden centrifuges. Sorry for the code snippet, Pastebin doesn't seem to be working at the moment. I'll try to figure it out, but for now hopefully this will help.

[16:28:16.884] [Error] Exception while calling script init: (LuaException) Error code 2, [string "/objects/bees/centrifuge.lua"]:23: attempt to perform arithmetic on a nil value (field 'requiredPower')
    stack traceback:
    [C]: in metamethod '__mul'
    [string "/objects/bees/centrifuge.lua"]:23: in function <[string "/objects/bees/centrifuge.lua"]:6>
    [0] 7ff69cf3a213 Star::captureStack
    [1] 7ff69cf38f9e Star::StarException::StarException
    [2] 7ff69cf0cfb1 Star::LuaEngine::handleError
    [3] 7ff69d0ee9bb Star::LuaEngine::callFunction<>
    [4] 7ff69d0f2513 Star::LuaFunction::invoke<Star::Variant<Star::Empty,bool,__int64,double,Star::LuaString,Star::LuaTable,Star::LuaFunction,Star::LuaThread,Star::LuaUserData> >
    [5] 7ff69d56fd5f Star::LuaContext::invokePath<Star::Variant<Star::Empty,bool,__int64,double,Star::LuaString,Star::LuaTable,Star::LuaFunction,Star::LuaThread,Star::LuaUserData> >
    [6] 7ff69d571647 Star::LuaBaseComponent::init
    [7] 7ff69d1c3503 Star::Object::init
    [8] 7ff69d541e1f Star::ContainerObject::init
    [9] 7ff69d4b901e Star::WorldServer::addEntity
    [10] 7ff69d4c4a9f Star::WorldServer::handleIncomingPackets
    [11] 7ff69d4d9f7b Star::WorldServerThread::update
    [12] 7ff69d4d9a8b Star::WorldServerThread::run
    [13] 7ff69cf36d9e Star::ThreadImpl::runThread
    [14] 7ff888e67c24 BaseThreadInitThunk
    [15] 7ff88ae0cea1 RtlUserThreadStart

7. cwon162

cwon162 Intergalactic Tourist

Thanks for letting me know - was unaware Steam workshop had FU too. Thanks, am enjoying the early game progression under your mod. :)

8. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

9. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

10. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

11. Hunterhawk22

Hunterhawk22 Aquatic Astronaut

Hello. I have a problem.
    After installing a new version of the mod, All small arms (which are randomly generated) stopped working. The character is just holding it in front of him and nothing happens if trying to cut there is nothing to come out. This also applies to NPCs. Here is the log file. Other mods are not worth it. Only Russifier for the original game.

Attached Files:

12. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

its probably the russifier. it seems to be overriding key functionality. Those are typically horribly outdated, too.

Hunterhawk22 likes this.
  13. Hunterhawk22

Hunterhawk22 Aquatic Astronaut

Hello (again) Sayter. Thanks for the tip. I was able to fix the weapon issue. I just replaced the files from the folder with the Russifier with the files from the mod. Everything works now.
    I also wanted to ask how to get Byos of other races? Not only races from the vanilla version of the game. For example: Eld'uukhar or Fenerox.

14. seregavlg83

seregavlg83 Void-Bound Voyager

Hello Sayter. In latest FU where is teleport from planet? For me is unavailable.

15. Legogod

Legogod Cosmic Narwhal

@Hunterhawk22 Already in. Your language translation mod is breaking things.

@seregavlg83 It is available everywhere in Casual difficulty. Survival and up requires being exposed to the sky on the planet's surface.

16. Liavain_Axon

Liavain_Axon Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Quick opinion.

I stopped playing Starbound for a while and just picked it back up. I made a new character to play with the new research mechanics.
    I started doing my favorite thing, bees, and noticed a change with drones. Previously, you could take a queen out of a hive and leave the drones in and everything would be fine. Now the drones all commit seppuku. Sadly, I ended up losing a whole colony after the queen died because of this.
    Any way to make it so they don't just die when they are by themselves in a hive? Considering queens don't die when they are left alone in a hive.

Thank you and I'm really digging the research changes.

17. seregavlg83

seregavlg83 Void-Bound Voyager

@Legogod thanks, Q; Precursor data storage(research generator) stay in new version?

18. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

yes. Breed more resilient bees, and don't leave nests unattended if you want to avoid risking colony collapse. There is a book at the bee refuge int he science outpost that will explain in more detail. There are factors at play that cause drones to die.

Bees , also, are no longer a fire/forget system. They are high upkeep, and require a fair amount of work until you get viable breeds. Remember: Frames -stack- to a max of 64, and their bonus increases by stack size. That will help a great deal.

19. Liavain_Axon

Liavain_Axon Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Thanks for the reply @sayter !
    I see that a lot has changed with bees. :rofl: Thank you for indulging my stupidity. :)

Also, side question: How much power does each research computer pull to function?

Thanks again!

20. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

computers tell you how much they pull on the UI, im pretty sure. its based on processing , basically. moore items/more valuable items = more expensive in power.

as for mechs: they work fine. Research the mech node, go to the Outpost and do the Mech quest, then use the mech station , craft the beginner parts and you're golden. I've done it about 12 dozen times now.