1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED FrackinUniverse 6.4.0

Enhance your starbound experience in every area. Massive mod.

1. tigerfestival

tigerfestival Cosmic Narwhal

This is your problem [16:01:33.404] [Error] Application: exception thrown, shutting down: (ItemException) Duplicate item name 'brainslug' found

This means two or more of the mods you have installed has the same exact item. This causes Crashing. You're going to have to remove one mod then restart, remove another then restart and repeat this process until the game starts to work and you'll find out the culprit. I hope this helps, good luck.

Twinky likes this.
  2. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

3. Twinky

Twinky Void-Bound Voyager

A question, sayter, what object/planet/something in your mod use/is "brainslug" ?

It could help me to search the mod that is causing me problems, but no pressure, if you dont want to tell is fine, I will keep disabling mods one by one, sorry for the bother!

4. tigerfestival

Do you have this installed? https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=771874701 If so remove it and see what happens.

Sorry for the double post, but I'm having an issue regarding mechs. After completing the mech quest I don't receive my Mech. I'm not sure if this is normal after the 6.0 research update, because after reverting back to pre 6.0 I receive my mech normally, whereas with 6.0 and further I don't. Here's my log.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2020
    Twinky likes this.
  5. Twinky

Twinky Void-Bound Voyager

6. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

if you had read the text, rather than quickly press OKAY to close the quest screen, you would have seen what was said about that. You were told to research it and build it yourself.

You need to read the quest text now. Its all been updated to reflect the research system.

7. tigerfestival

Ok. Thanks for filling me in.

8. LaughingAlex

LaughingAlex Ketchup Robot

https://pastebin.com/xrc9B4vG

Problem is, batteries are not charging. I tested with tier 1(ok, the tungsten ones) and two so far but I don't have the resources for tier 3's yet in the universe I am using. There also seems to be no instructions on proper battery setup (what do you mean back-end? Like do they have to be in a specific place in the power grid?)

Last edited: Oct 5, 2020
  9. Liliathe

Liliathe Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I tried to wait 5 min on new character (I had turn on "skip start mission" in character creation) and my ship was still in FTL drive (when I spawned on ship I heard sound like FTL drive is disabling itself but nothing more).
    After that I gave up and decided to play character that was created before update. First thing: I had black background in place of "space" behind my ship. Second: When I tried to teleport to the planet below my game just freezed.
    PS: sayter comment about "Kawaii +" mod: well I installed it few months ago when I was searching for any mod that would add more clothes. Then I totally forget about it when I was removing unnecesary mods. Thanks to you I was able to remove it :)

Attached Files:

10. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

firstly, your universe generation/ship warp issue is likely caused by you using a universe generation editing set of mods from 2016 that haven't been updated since.

UniGen. Remove all of those. They are using outdated information the game doesn't even utilize anymore.

As for the rest: it actually appears to be your computer that is the problem.

[2] 68a7b Star::MemoryException::format<unsigned int>
    [3] 69109 Star::ByteArray::reserve
    [4] 68447 Star::Buffer::doWrite
    [5] 68854 Star::Buffer::write
    [6] 71504 Star::IODevice::writeFull
    [7] 6c8ca Star::DataStream::eek:perator<<

[19:01:45.319] [Error] UniverseServer: exception caught: (MemoryException) Could not set new ByteArray capacity 1966080

looks like youre out of space , or ram?

11. Liliathe

Liliathe Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Ok ,I used UniGen mods since I discovered them and from what I heard from others - it was one of the compatible mods with FU.
    So I removed them and eveything started to work.
    Well I know my PC is the problem - it's 10 years old machine with core 2 duo and 3 gb of DDR2 RAM.
    Anyway , thank you very much for help

12. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

it was compatible... in 2016. When it was last updated.

The game itself has had 4 major updates that changed universe generation since then, and FU has updated about 7000 times since then. There's no way it would be compatible :)

13. Lordqwer1989

Lordqwer1989 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hi can anybody say what is the Gnom workshop be function?

14. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

exactly the same as the manufacturing table.

item you want to craft goes in first slot. the other slots hold its ingredients.

15. Arti78

Arti78 Space Kumquat

Been a while since I started a new character. Loving the new research setup. Took me a bit to figure out where everything was, but it's well organized now that I've looked through it all.

16. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

yea, its jarring initially. Now I dont think i could ever go back. so much easier to plan a "route" through the mod and paces gameplay , completely removing tier-skip bullshit.

we have improvements coming, too!

17. Arti78

Arti78 Space Kumquat

Yeah, lol, I was one of those that would jump to a higher planet to get stuff. Still try to, but still working on getting out of the system on the new game. Going to have to actually work my gear up this time around.

Edit: OH, and love the new option to select ships, loving the floran one starting out.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2020
  18. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

i either pick floran or glitch simply because of floor space. Glitch gets the handy starter regen bed, floran get a ton of storage

19. Arti78

Arti78 Space Kumquat

Yep, that storage has been handy. Most of my beginning characters get cramped fast, due to materials or various furniture. I'll have to check out the other ships eventually.

20. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time