1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED FrackinUniverse 6.4.22

Enhance your starbound experience in every area. Massive mod.

1. Arti78

Arti78 Space Kumquat

Trying to not get hit on a higher tier planet helps too. I'll try to skim one for a better weapon occasinally.
    Launchers and flak cannons are decent for usually up to 2 or 3 tiers above you. Wands and staves can change up tactics also.

2. Kribris

Kribris Void-Bound Voyager

Launchers and flak cannons are way too slow fiering weapons, some vanila shotgun have lesser damage, but mutch bigger fire rate, and mutch hier damage in total, and they stagger enemies better, gave you mutch more time to develop a tactic, kill enemies, heal, or run away, heal, take different weapon and kill them, then heal again.

Little story ( in game story ) :
    Once I have a shotgun, and flak cannon, found both on start planet, and with unobtaniumpowers mod, I found hard to kill enemies, with flack cannon that enemie kiled me, I respawn, get my loot back, and take a standart shotgun, with standart shotgun I killed that enemie, but yes, I lost half a health, but it died, eventually.
    A was still alive after I take vanila shotgun.

3. Arti78

Arti78 Space Kumquat

Might depend on whether the flack cannon was green or better with an element, I know the white one(basic ones) can do ok if it's high enough tier, but the elemental ones do so much more.
    Also, the secondary fire can be more useful on a flack cannon than the primary shot. I've found a couple with railgun as a secondary fire, and they almost one shot things around their tier, if not a little higher.

4. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

Flak cannons are intended for dealing with many simultaneous air threats. you are using it on a ground target. That would explain why it is ineffective.

If I use a weapon in a way that it isn't built for, I should expect that it sucks at it.

5. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

6. Kribris

Hm.....for me at least flak cannons is no go, to slow rire rate, as same with launchers.

And again for me, standart shotgun is better, bigger varriety of using.

7. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

Then use what you like.

8. Kribris

I don't need to offend enyone, but again, in my persoonsl opinion it way to slow fire rate.

Flak cannons and launchers in compare to (not the best comapreable weapon but still ) aeterium SR vindicator (if I remember weapon name correct) , the aeterium SR have better fire rate than Flak C. and Laun. , if that weapon have same fire rate as aeterium SR, it being be mutch more usable, and again at least for me.

Or if some tupe of armor can buff Flak and Launchers fire rate, it be more usable.

And again I dont need to ofend enyone.

Addition to previous post :
    But if giveing to some set's of armor buff for Flak C. and Launchers fore decreasing reload time, it need give some buff for : SR's, AR's, carbine R's, shotgun's, pistol's, mele weapon's like sword's, dagge's, 2H sword's, bow's, crossbow's, spear's.

That is only my idea's, if that idea's is can be acomplished, feel free to use it.

If that all can be done, metion me somewheare, please.

And again, and again, sorry if I ofended someone.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2020
  9. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

They're fine as they are right now. They do what they were designed to do.

10. Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

@Kribris Please don't stack posts. Use the edit function to add to your posts or wait for someone else to reply first. I've merged your posts.

11. nefrem

nefrem Phantasmal Quasar

I do not give a try at the 6.0 version because of one doubt : not all the craft bring to the game by others mod are in the tech tree I suppose.
    So the things are strange with some items, stations or weapons directly craftable and others who need to be unlocked in the tech tree.

It seems that FU, who is the best Starbound mod by far, and one of the best mod ever done, tends to be use alone, without others mods. No ?

12. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

works fine with other mods.

other mods that patched the default crafting menu incorrectly, however, will have a few issues that are easily corrected on their end.

13. nefrem

nefrem Phantasmal Quasar

i will give a try to this version tomorrow.
    Thanks Sayter :)

14. Twinky

Twinky Void-Bound Voyager

Hello, I wanted to know if there is a way to know what mod is conflicting with FU.

I dont have any of the mods listed in the Known Issues so maybe is some other that isnt in the list.

15. tigerfestival

tigerfestival Cosmic Narwhal

Without a log we can't help you with whatever problem you may have.

Twinky likes this.
  16. Liliathe

Liliathe Scruffy Nerf-Herder

So I downloaded FU 6.0.063 and when I start new game everytin is good but..my ship is stuck in that FTL drive travel. When I tried to wake up SAIL I choose "Frackin Ship>Default BYOS" (Because when I choose vanilla ship doesn't changed for 10 min and SAIL was saying that "Ships is changing" or something like that) and then I get quest to beam down on planet but I can't use teleporter in FTL travel. I tried to wait 5-7 minutes but nothing. Exiting game causes freeze but after opening game again and loading that character I get sound that FTL is slowing down but still nothing.
    I wasn't supposed to download 6.0.063 version? This is a test version or something like that?

Twinky likes this.
  17. Arti78

Arti78 Space Kumquat

Without a log, there's know way to know what the issue is.

Twinky likes this.
  18. Liliathe

Liliathe Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Ok ,sorry that I didn't add log earlier :/

Attached Files:

Twinky likes this.
  19. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

I see issues, but none from FU.

Try simply starting a character and waiting a bit for the ship to find a world before doing anything.

your errors in your log appear related to a sup mod (suppers monsters perhaps), something looking for -strapon dildos- that it cannot find (ew, wtf man?), and some minor conflicts from enhanced storage (that shoudlnt affect anything)

Arti78 and Twinky like this.
  20. Twinky

Twinky Void-Bound Voyager

Sorry, I belive that I attach the log but I guess I was wrong

Attached Files: