1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED FrackinUniverse 6.4.22

Enhance your starbound experience in every area. Massive mod.

1. MrStar

MrStar Void-Bound Voyager

I am playing as a Nightar and I believe that some of the weapon bonuses don't work.
    I have been trying out several weapon combinations and looking at the "Advanced Stats" window to verify.

Testing has been done using Iron Katana, Iron Shortsword, Iron Dagger, and "Time Pierce" (a Broadsword).
    I have looked at your source code to check what I am supposed to get: https://github.com/sayterdarkwynd/FrackinUniverse/blob/master/species/nightar.raceeffect

Most bonuses work as expected, but some don't (examples of both here):
    • Shortsword or Dagger: Crit Damage Multiplier does not change. It's supposed to increase by 10%.
    • Shortsword or Dagger: Bonus Crit Chance works fine.
    • The "at full health" bonus does not work. It's supposed to increase damage by 10% with some weapons. This is how I noticed that something was off with the racial weapon bonuses. My broadsword didn't get any damage bonus. I have since verified it with several other weapons that are supposed to get the bonus.
    • Longsword and Katana does get a damage bonus, but I think it is from the +6% that longswords and katanas get.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2020
  2. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

Might be related to the merger. Unsure. We sure haven't changed them otherwise.

not sure where the hell the bonus when healed thing comes from...nothing even lists it but there it is. huh. Likely intended and then forgotten about.

edit:

only the crit for short/dagger seems wrong , and that's likely due to the tooltip itself. It seems to still actually apply the bonus itself.

Longsword + Katana should not be giving a paired bonus beyond the 6%. That's exactly as intended. It is not 6% per weapon. It is 6% total. It doesn't combine with other bonuses. Its either/or to prevent power creep.

"weapons": ["longsword","katana"],
    "stats": [{"stat": "powerMultiplier","effectiveMultiplier": 1.06}

(unless i misconstrued your last point and you were saying it gets the correct 6%, but not the 10% previously mentioned)

either way: will check the crit thing out, since that needs a fix. Thanks!

edit: will be corrected in next update. All races got updated for the critDamage bonus but nightar due to calling the wrong bonus

Last edited: Jun 7, 2020
  3. MrStar

Great news that you fixed the crit issue :)

I tested the weapons one at a time, no dual wielding. The broadsword is a two-hander anyway.

The +10% damage when fully healed never comes into play, for any weapon, as far as my testing could show.
    Some wild guesses to why:
    • The script is not run for some reason.
    • Floating point issues with the script formula. Should be relatively easy to test. Just change the parameter from 1 to 0.9 or similar, then equip/unequip a broadsword to see if the stat changes.

4. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

the script doesnt exist. thats the issue. at some point it was removed. no one knows when lol. We'll have to investigate.

5. MrStar

6. Constantinople

Constantinople Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hey Sayter, how does one go about having a race added to Frackin Universe's frackin races? There is this one mod in particular that is fantastic, called Futara Dragon Race Mod. It would be cool if it was added.

7. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

the author patches it in themselves via pull-request. I then review the balance and approve it or ask for revisions until it is balanced.

thanks, we found it. We'll poke at it when we have time.

8. Constantinople

Constantinople Scruffy Nerf-Herder

So I have upgraded my metaphysics to the calling stage, and there is no tattered grimmore. So how do you unlock the Delta Fraya mission in the latest version?

9. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

This was directly informed to all players in the update notes quite recently. Feel free to read them.

10. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

11. slowcold

slowcold Pangalactic Porcupine

Just a heads up - the new recipe for marble bricks and pillars overwrites the vanilla ones that actually uses mined marble, so those are not available to craft.
    I tested by removing just those two new recipes and the vanilla came back. Put those recipes back and the vanilla ones disappeared again.

Yeah - I'm fond of marble for my builds. :p

12. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

The end result is the exact same item. Not a concern. The recipe is simply different. They remain mineable and craftable.

{
    "input" : [
    { "item" : "cobblestonematerial", "count" : 1 },
    { "item" : "moondust", "count" : 1 }
    ],
    "output" : {
    "item" : "marbleblock",
    "count" : 20
    },
    "groups" : [ "craftingfurniture", "materials", "all" ],
    "duration" : 0.01
    }

located in the furniture crafting station with all the other blocks, from tier 1.

it could be that you haven't unlocked them, and therefore its possible it needs an unlock added. So that much I'll do for ya.

edit: there. pickup marble will now unlock it, once i update again.

13. slowcold

Thank you!

14. Lirian105

Lirian105 Void-Bound Voyager

Hi. I have a trouble with guns not shooting, but I haven`t found any of the mods that I have installed on the "incompatible" list. What could it be?

15. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

you still have something incompatible installed. Simple as that.

16. Lirian105

Lirian105 Void-Bound Voyager

ok, I`ll try deleting something to see if it fixes that. Thank you for working on this amazing mod!

17. slowcold

Quick question:

Since Frackin Races is no longer used, I'd put the raceeffect file and a patch for my custom species in the species folder? It'll work without, I know, but I dislike errors in my log.

18. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

yep.

if it still wont display, then your race mod needs to add FU into its "includes" list in the metadata file. That'll force it to load after FU, and therefore apply the species patch data as expected, from the race mod itself rather than FU.

19. slowcold

Excellent, thank you!

20. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time