1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED FrackinUniverse 6.4.0

Enhance your starbound experience in every area. Massive mod.

1. SomeRandomuser2547

SomeRandomuser2547 Void-Bound Voyager

I guess it's on the Cthulhu's spaghetti meatballs(atropus)? Welp, i guess i have to deep-dive-down to the hadopelagic zones of the lovecraftian spaghetti meatball again...

2. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

No, that isn't where they spawn. They are a crafted minion. Occasionally they'll also be Bounty targets.

SomeRandomuser2547 likes this.
  3. VuesaMerced

VuesaMerced Scruffy Nerf-Herder

So there are new bees and the old ones will dissappear in two weeks? Is there any guide for the new bees? I would like to adapt my bee farm

4. Natural Aura

Natural Aura Pangalactic Porcupine

Damn, good thing I hadn't quite started my next playthrough yet. That is a hell of an update! ^^

Last edited: Mar 19, 2020
  5. Basile Ocimum Tulip

Basile Ocimum Tulip Master Chief

“Yield up enough sacrifices an’ savage knick-knacks an’ harbourage in the taown when they wanted it, an’ they’d let well enough alone. Wudn’t bother no strangers as might bear tales aoutside—that is, withaout they got pryin’. All in the band of the faithful—Order o’ Dagon—an’ the children shud never die, but go back to the Mother Hydra an’ Father Dagon what we all come from onct—Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn! Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Cthulhu R’lyeh wgah-nagl fhtagn—”

sayter likes this.
  6. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

the guide is in the patch notes, and the updates to the previous existing quests. That's all that's there so far. As per the notes: its in-progress.

7. IronX5000

IronX5000 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

To be honest (pun intended), I think you're making this mod too complicated, the bees were already good as they were first and if you tell me they were an easy way to grind for resources well...

then what?

You still needed to go to many different planets to search for all the "basic" ones (which can be hard), then you needed a space dedicated for bees farming with stations, places for apiary, flowers and all (which takes time) and then you needed to slowly breed them to gain new type of bees and gain better loot (which takes even more time).
    Maybe it was broken in your opinion, but that doesn't mean you didn't needed to work for HOURS to organize and advance in bee farming. Maybe some abused it to gain tons of resource. Well it's ok, they worked hard for that.

You say it's broken, well I think you're wrong because it would only be that way if we didn't need to pu any effort on it, which wasn't the case. You can't look at those hyper advanced automated farm that put out all the resources the guy need and say "that's broken", because the guy worked hard and took lot of his time to do that.
    Now you've turned it into something so complicated that most of the players will think it's not worth the trouble and will move on to something else.

8. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

And virtually all of that remains exactly as it was, apart from new bee types.

The new bees are realms better than the old system. They are superior for resource output, more balanced for individual use, and can no longer be abused by exploits and over-use to make end-game progression trivial. They can be customized through selective breeding, or left as-is to do what the user wants. They also work when you are off-world, allowing you to not be present when the bees work all the time. Furthermore, frames work better and can be stacked, increasing production even further.

You no longer have to worry about mites screwing your entire setup constantly. You no longer need to worry about cross-breeding specific drones and queens to get results. It's only more complicated if you want to get into the complicated part. But, you are free to skip the bees content. Most of your statements simply tell me you are reacting to a change and merely are not used to it yet.

Getting unlimited diamonds at tier 2 is most certainly not "okay".

Anyhow, take time to get used to the new system or simply don't use it. Nobody is forcing you. Take care.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2020
  9. jack dx

jack dx Void-Bound Voyager

It works with RPG Growth?

10. tehcavy

tehcavy Ketchup Robot

Was testing bees for the past few days, and basicaly, I don't like it. Here's what I found so far:
    • Sweat and Xenodaemonae bees produce "protorock" and Cybernetic bees produce "smallbatery", which aren’t recognized by the game and thus become Perfectly Generic Items;
    • Stalwart and Loamzipper bees have no inventory images;
    • Rivalry doesn't seem to work; I've tried to provoke it several times with no effect;
    • Silk Honeycomb doesn't have a corresponding honey jar;
    • I don’t remember if it was like that before, but either way:
      • Red Honeycombs have no effect aside from a bit of food;
      • Crystalline Honeycomb extracts to a normal Honey Jar, which is actually worse in healing effect;
      • Green Honey Jar gives 30% poison resist, not rad;
      • All honey liquids aside from Pure Honey are worthless, can't even extract/centrifuge them;
    • Some of the drops make no sense:
      • Hydrolium from Aquarum bees is worthless to all but Skath;
      • Honey bees bring Dirt;
      • Plasterer bees produce, of all things, Timber;
      • on the other hand, Cybernetic bees produce Advanced Processors, Quantum Processors and AI Chips basically for free;
      • Shrouded bees produce otherwise rare Effigium Ore (queens can be traded for an entire bar) and Dark Matter;
      • Stellar bees produce Psi-energy which can be acquired only from brains either with a complicated crafting chain or through Psionic Amplifier;
    • There is no point in Dense Alloy and Solarium frames when Durasteel frames are only slightly worse, but significantly easier to afford (Dense Alloy frames need Dense Alloy, Canvas and Bio Thread, Solarium frames need Solarium, Molecular Nano Fiber and Bio Thread, Durasteel Frames need only Durasteel, Silk and Canvas);
    • Bees open multiple sequence breaks; for instance, going to Ocean planet, catching Aquarum bees and extracting their Violium combs gives you Violium Ore before you've even got Titanium;
    • With lower flower requirement, liked/disliked biomes and maluses to production of multiple stacked hives, current system seems to encourage having multiple small apiaries scattered among multiple planets rather one huge centralized one. Constantly teleporting is a chore, to put it mildly, and with queens having quite limited lifespan and drones dying with them a necessary chore at that;
    • Also of note is that under previous system you needed to work for higher tier bees - previously Godly bees were pinnacle of bee evolution that required fairly specific breeding, now the only thing you need for Golden Saints is a Chromatic planet and a bit of luck;
    • Not to mention that now the only thing you can look forward to while breeding bees are marginal improvements to their stats, as in "I used to have 1.99 mite resist, now I have 2.02 mite resist, time to pop the champagne!"

EDIT: Ya, while I'm at it: you broke barkeep and cook on Science Outpost, they have inventories of default vanilla merchants.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2020
  11. Constantinople

Constantinople Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Sayter, quick question. I have finished upgrading my metaphysics tech tree, completed the Delta Freya mission, and completed all the science outpost quests, but for some reason I cannot figure out how to unlock the recipe for the atom smasher. Could you please point me in the right direction.

12. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

13. MiamotoRei

MiamotoRei Starship Captain

Um.. Can you add a Ningen Race support? I get an error when I accept Dr.Akagi's first quest

14. Constantinople

The Ningen race is supported, its just a old and outdated race that has not been updated for the most recent version. So its not a playable race anymore, you will have to chose something else.

15. LaughingAlex

LaughingAlex Ketchup Robot

On the new map for the Erchius mining facility....

.....I hate it.

No really, I hate it. It was tedious as it was to play through every single new character and tedious as it was with you increasing the amount of time it took to get off the boring tier 1 worlds. You've clearly taken a hard stance against fun. There are over 8 times more enemies to fight through, it's far more linear, you added physical damage resistant enemies and made them do a crap-ton of damage(and yes, I had tier 1 armor it's the best armor you can generally get at this point, you HAVE to leave the planet for better armor generally).

Is it doable? Sure, your forced to snipe out everything in sight while bringing a full inventory of food and god help you if you go in it with any less. But it's anything BUT fun. The overall design is overall uninspired compared to the little mission you made before it.

And worms? In the erchius mining facility!? THIS IS THE MISSION TO GET OFF THE FIRST PLANET FOR GODS SAKE!

Remove this map or remove the worms and about two thirds the enemies. It's a tedious grind to get through it without taking 3-4 hours grinding iron for a rocket launcher. I prefer to get off the first world in far, far less then 5 hours I want to be exploring the galaxy in about an hour or hour and a half tops. I don't have time for ultra tedious grinding this mod is rapidly introducing.

It was the worst experience of playing in starbound I ever had trying to finish.

16. NicollDysonBeam

NicollDysonBeam Intergalactic Tourist

On the topic of the bees again:

-It seems the queens don't work properly unless theyre examined under the microscope. I was under the assumption that you could simply put any queen as head, it would kill off the drones, makes its own, and continue production. But instead it kills the drones, makes one new drone. And doesnt produce anything. Unless the queen is examined.

-I tried to use dawn and eclipse frames to try and get the bees to work around the clock. But the apiary with those frames dont produce things around the clock and work on their normal day/night shifts. I'm pretty sure I'm doing something wrong there as well.

-I also spent hours tying to make new bees through breeding, only to figure out on this forum that by the sounds of it you can only get better queens. And I dont understand a lot of it anyway.

If someone could clarify these points that would be great!

17. Constantinople

Have not played the mission yet, but I do want to point out the in frackin universe, your FTL drive is fixed right when you go talk to Esther and so you do not have to complete this mission before you can explore the universe. Only the vanilla game required you to complete it before your FTL drive is fixed.

As for the grind, this mod has always been extremely grindy. Always been. For example, some of the late game crating items require you to spend probably 5-10 hours gathering resources for them. Its always been that way and the mod creator wants it that way. And don't bother asking him for help finding stuff in his game. He gets off on making people figure it out and telling them no.

Your not alone in your confusion. I am using normal queens and drones and the never produce anything. Its become rather buggy since the major update. Its also much more complicated than it was before.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2020
  18. MiamotoRei

MiamotoRei Starship Captain

How about Arachne Race?

19. Constantinople

Don't know, I have never used that mod.

20. Arti78

Arti78 Space Kumquat

Running a test with the Arachne race, will let ya know how it goes.