1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED FrackinUniverse 6.4.22

Enhance your starbound experience in every area. Massive mod.

1. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

except it is, since literally everyone else has it working fine.

2. Tandryan33

Tandryan33 Big Damn Hero

Just got the update with git but still the same old UI, maybe I have to destroy everything and try with a new clean Starbound install?
    [​IMG]

3. Tandryan33

Tandryan33 Big Damn Hero

Reinstalling the game and only FU (with some other mods that don't conflict with it) I fixed the problem with the Tricorder but the rope grip doesn't work anymore (no bug, no glitch, only whipping works).
    So I reinstalled Frackin Races and *drum rolls* here starts the bug again, the stretching arm with the rope going invisible, I repeat, THE ROPE GRIP bug appears only with Frackin Races.

4. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

Cool. Thanks.

edit: appears to be fine on my end. The scripts in FR and FU are essentially identical. Rope grip works, too. No issues that I can see at all. In any case, its minor enough that its not a big concern. I'll look into it when I have time. Could be one of your other mods, I suppose. Not certain, of course, but I certainly can't replicate the error on my end with the master files.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2020
  5. Tandryan33

Tandryan33 Big Damn Hero

That's strange because all the mod I've installed doesn't use any lua scripts except for some races, I guess I have to reverse engineer all the mods I've installed and try to find the error. Thanks you again.

6. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

I'd not be surprised if its one of those stupid sex mods you have installed. Pretty sure they are now outdated and busted, in many cases anyhow. Removing them won't negatively influence your gameplay in any way, shape or form.

7. Tandryan33

Tandryan33 Big Damn Hero

Probably, but when I reinstalled both FU and FR there were no sex mods installed, probably one from the Steam workshop like the Zelda Gear or EPShadow race stuff, who knows, I have only to try to uninstall and try.

8. loboBranco1245

loboBranco1245 Orbital Explorer

ohh cool less itens to fill the inventory space, but at the same time more space to fill with trash itens...

9. HenryLeeKungFu

HenryLeeKungFu Big Damn Hero

hey, i read online that guns stop working, like you cant shoot and aim. im having this issue but i dont have any other gun mod so idk if its this mod or what. pls help ._.

10. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

This is why we include an *incompatible mods list* right on the mod page, as well as in the mod itself, and on the discord. You have incompatible stuff plainly listed as incompatible, installed.

11. HenryLeeKungFu

HenryLeeKungFu Big Damn Hero

IM SORRY I DIDNT REALIZE I WAS SUBSCRIBED ON STEAM AN INCOMPATABLE MOD I WAS LOOKING IN MY MODS FOLDER. my mistake, wonderful mod love it thank you :')))

12. Onyxtrazus

Onyxtrazus Void-Bound Voyager

That's true, there were some other ones... I almost forgot those. Indeed some were a bit overpowered. What I was talking about were the limitations they generally put on any tech. I'll just quote the "Freedom of movement" 's description since it mention precisely these limitations that it take away:
    "Dash techs no longer prevent jumping or clamp momentum on ending.
    Sprint tech no longer prevents multi-jump.
    [...]." (the rest is it's own enhancements and approach on techs)

Well, for as far as I played, I didn't seen any problems with it.
    When I re-installed Starbound, I first played an "almost" vanilla-game, with just some "must-have" mods (like EnhancedStorage, and others) to feel the original game and it's new content.
    At a point in that run I added Freedom of Movement, no problems, worked perfectly.
    After that I added FU & other mods one by one (and adapted my mod-list to match with FU, taking away those which were already included in FU, etc...) on a new character, and I didn't seen any incompatibility between Freedom and FU until now. The FU techs works just fine, and the vanilla restrictions on techs are still denied perfectly.
    (About the versions, I use "FrackinUniverse-5.6.3802" and "Freedom of Movement 1.03" on the non-steam version of the game.)

And that's all for the little feedback on compatibilities. Have a nice day! ^ ^

Last edited: Mar 3, 2020
  13. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

"Dash techs no longer prevent jumping or clamp momentum on ending."

because they are too good when those are possible. As such, they disabled it. Not really mysterious there, when you consider how you can chain together effects. I'd argue that it's more fun with the momentum, since its more emergent, but if it didn't suit their goals, so be it.

Glad Freedom doesnt conflict. One less thing to worry about.

14. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

15. darklaguna

darklaguna Void-Bound Voyager

Thank you very much for this amazing mod, and for making the source avaliable to the public. And for making your code easily readable; I was able to find and edit what I wanted to very easily. I know I'll have to make those edits to any future updates that change those files, but it shouldn't be an issue.

Keep up the great work!

16. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

sayter updated FrackinUniverse with a new update entry:

Read the rest of this update entry...

17. Constantinople

Constantinople Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Update to the Bees aspect of this mod transforms bee raising from a fun and short side quest into a full time job. Not for everyone. Only for those who like the immersion and the grind. If you don't want to do that, skip it or use admin commands to bypass.

18. SomeRandomuser2547

SomeRandomuser2547 Void-Bound Voyager

Hey Sayter, why can't i spawn these guys ingame? Are they unused or planned?

Attached Files:

19. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

The red one does appear in-game. You simply haven't explored enough to see it.

The other is unused and uncoded. It's from beta, and was never used.

20. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

full-time job? nah. Just no longer something you can cheese to crank out endless diamonds, etc with no overhead or concern about upkeep :)