1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED FrackinUniverse 6.4.22

Enhance your starbound experience in every area. Massive mod.

1. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

Thing is... I fully agree it really should be settled with what Iris Blanche said, but sadly it isn't. Clearly they rejected what was said. Their friend made a (now moderator removed) Reddit post just yesterday going on and on about this, with the promised threat of DCMA over this nonsense. The comment I replied to was directly linked there too. I didn't even know of it before (because I don't follow this giant comment thread). So it isn't the case that I'm digging up old news. My post was with the intent to thoroughly bury the nonsense for good (as it should have already been yet wasn't) by breaking down the argument itself. I'd also prefer that there really was no need for it. I don't love drama like this at all.

Iris Blanche likes this.
  2. Sock_Bunny

Sock_Bunny Existential Complex

Thank you, Iris!

Iris Blanche likes this.
  3. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

4. LegendXCarisso

LegendXCarisso Pangalactic Porcupine

Uhh... I know this isn't really relevant since I get this from github anyway, but the Steam version of FU is down? How long before they let you stick it back up there?

5. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

14 days. pain in the butt but so be it. Automated process. Fuck all I can do about it.

6. KaluNaama

KaluNaama Seal Broken

Ok here's something else I stumbled upon last nite. I needed Aether, lots of it, so I check on the Wiki that I need to find an Aether Sea planet orbiting a black star. Wiki says "Aether Sea planets are among the deadliest found in Frackin' Universe" - "Acid Protection ... is a requirement for exploring an Aether Sea planet, but the real environmental threat is the liquid Aether itself, which applies the Shadow Tainted debuff when touched" etc. So I was worried, since I only had a breathing EPP and no other protection what so ever. Race is Human. I was wearing a set of Tier2 Sanguine armor.

So I figure I'll take a look anyways. Env threat is like 6 or 7, can't remember, but it says along the lines "you will die". I compress my pixels and beam down. Ok, I'm not dead yet. I'm on an island, and a sea of Aether is next to me. I start pumping the stuff with my manipulator like crazy, hoping to get at least something before it's curtains. To my surprise, nothing bad happens. I jump into the sea and swim around, no health lost. No shadow debuff. I have max HP all the time, and pump out about 6 stacks of Aether then beam back up, puzzled.

What's up with this? Hardly the death trap it should have been.

7. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

The Aether effect is resisted by 40%, 60% or 80% cosmic resistance depending on the strength of the effect.

It drains energy, followed by Health.

Beyond that, without knowing your resistance values I can't tell you much more.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2020
  8. Arti78

Arti78 Space Kumquat

I would take anything in the Wiki with a grain of salt, it's not always up to date, or contains all the info on any given item.

9. Kiena

Kiena Void-Bound Voyager

Are lumivines supposed to be able to protect you from Gas Giant's pressure? I ate one because I just wanted to hop down & grab some resources, but it didn't help at all, nor did it give me a status buff. I've had some other weird bugs in the game, so I'm just wondering if it's a bug or I misunderstood what it does.

10. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

Should work fine. They apply the pressure immunity effect. Could be a conflict you have going on, or other things on the world are affecting you and not pressure. Its possible to get several other effects there as well. Pressure will kill you almost instantly, and SAIL will insult you about it.

11. KaluNaama

KaluNaama Seal Broken

This is what I have:
    [​IMG]

12. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

No, the other tab with the resistances on it , not the advanced hehe.

but yea, seems Aether just saps energy, followed by health. No status directly resists it, only resistance itself. I've had no other reports of issues, so its likely something you have, or something else is going on. I'd have certainly heard about it otherwise!

Last edited: Jan 15, 2020
  13. TiberiousKirk

TiberiousKirk Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I have a question. Other than a handful of fish, a pair of guard robots, a single mission npc and a single butterfly. I have no mobs spawning on the initial planet. There are no cave creatures, and nothing on the surface. I see food, xp, and pixel drops from things, but no actual creatures or races. At first I thought it was the volitile planet biome, but when I started a second game and had the same issue, I began to think it looked more like a bug. As far as I know this is the only mod I have that affects world generation.

Is this a bug with Frackin' Universe that anyone is aware of, and if it is how do I fix it.

Attached Files:

14. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

Im not downloading a strange zip. Please attach the log in a pastebin link.

15. TiberiousKirk

TiberiousKirk Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm not paying to post my log which exceeds their minimum free service so you get a heavily abridged version.
    https://pastebin.com/43yzYcxh

Last edited: Jan 16, 2020
  16. tigerfestival

tigerfestival Cosmic Narwhal

Hey dude this is the error...

[17:42:03.738] [Info] garden
    [17:42:03.754] [Error] Exception while calling script init: (LuaException) Error code 2, [string "/monsters/monster.lua"]:30: attempt to index a nil value (global 'BData')
    stack traceback:
    [C]: in metamethod '__index'
    [string "/monsters/monster.lua"]:30: in upvalue 'monsterOldInit'
    [string "/monsters/ivrpgmonster.lua"]:13: in function <[string "/monsters/ivrpgmonster.lua"]:12>

It's basically the rpg growth that's causing this, funnily I dealt with this as well, but this happened at the outpost. I contacted the author of RPG Growth and he says another mod is hijacking RPG Growth's ivrpggmonster.lua. I'm afraid it could be FU and RPG Growth not getting along again. FU I believe also alter monsters.lua and when two or more mods alter monsters.lua weird things will happen.

17. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

this is a behavior issue, usually caused by outdated NPCs from old race mods using improper structure, or similar things. FU would not cause this particular issue, and we do not touch anything to do with RPG Growth files, nor have we in any way adjusted NPCs recently to cause a sudden change here. There's literally nothing more I can say without a log.

18. Arti78

Arti78 Space Kumquat

I don't think I've ever had to pay to post a pastebin log. Unless it changed recently.

19. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

nope. i just used it an hour ago. always free. If it goes over the maximum size i think it prompts for upgrade though

20. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

youve got incompatible stuff installed. Primarily, outdated mods that did not update with 1.4.4.

Starbound++ is *not compatible with fu* and hasnt been updated in ages. It's on the incompatible mods list for a reason.

Improved Containers should be replaced with Enhanced Storage. Improved Containers is horribly outdated and partially busted

Weapon Fusion station is incompatible unless it has recently updated in the last few weeks. Recent weapon changes in FU have likely rendered it inert.

Whobound is outdated and incompatible with 1.4.4 as far as I know, and its also one that doesn't play nice with FU anyhow due to its changes.

The babylon 5 and trek races haven't been updated in ages from the look of it, and likely need new data to properly operate.

So yea, the issue is outdated mods.