1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED FrackinUniverse 6.4.0

Enhance your starbound experience in every area. Massive mod.

1. Sock_Bunny

Sock_Bunny Existential Complex

Use the mech tablet before entering the mech, or open the refuel menu from Quickbar while inside

2. BPStuart

BPStuart Phantasmal Quasar

I had eliminated the conflicting mod (Letzyi's gunner mod) before making the post, so i had discounted that as the cause. If the problem persists after the mod is gone, do you know of a further step i must take? ( Like manually clearing files or deleting and restarting effected characters )

3. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

all you need to do is make sure nothing that edits gunfire.lua is present. Lzeti's might be broken, but its not on the list because its officially dead and replaced with a new mod (on Steam) which does work fine..

4. Calaerin

Calaerin Space Hobo

Hi, I started up my game for the second time today, after a first session with no issues. However, I now find myself unable to use any gun's secondary/alt fire mode, as the first shot freezes the gun position in place and wont let me fire the gun unless I switch weapons.

Log here: https://pastebin.com/R8rJEsHs

I haven't installed any new mods that I didn't already have, I'm only using FU, XBaw's Character Extender, Slow Hunger and Improved Containers. But like I said, nothing should have changed in the one hour between play sessions.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

whydoineedtosignup likes this.
  5. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

Youre using the newest release. its a bug with ammo-based weapons i didnt even think to test since I didnt edit Alts in any way. They simply end up being affected by it none the less. I'm working on a fix.

edit: fix is live on git. pushing a release in a few minutes.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2020
  6. Calaerin

Calaerin Space Hobo

Thanks for the reply! And thanks for all your work, too!

7. whydoineedtosignup

whydoineedtosignup Void-Bound Voyager

I have the latest version on steam and the issue still exists. Not with all weapons, and i have not tested them all obviously, but i have the Ocu Cannon as an example. Before the latest 'fix' the alt fire of the weapon simply wouldn't fire off, now it fires off a single projectile (instead of a constant spray) then locks up until i unequip it.

not related to this threat but god i hate steam forcing updates, id prefer to choose when i want to install more stable updates but whatever.

8. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

should be fixed finally. I adjusted it in a different way altogether.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2020
  9. whydoineedtosignup

Tested a few weapons, Ocu Cannon included, and it appears everything is in working order so far.

Edit: the Ocu cannon does fire a single shot then has to reload before being able to do a continuous spray when you use it, but at least it's working.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2020
  10. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

yea some alt fires seem to forget they dont need ammo anymore. ill have to investigate the tiny details soon. i have changes to make anyhow so the bar wont stay when swapping weapon types

11. whydoineedtosignup

Would it be possible to make weapons that use ammo also not use any energy, or very, very little energy? I realize weapons are probably tied directly to energy no matter what as standard, or maybe this is something you are working on?

I ask this because since they still require energy anyways, so the usage of energy still seems redundant. Even the metaphysics weapons using brain power and such still use energy despite being one of the few weapons so far that i've seen that require you to make ammo.

12. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

They already use 50% less energy than non-ammo variants. I'm going to investigate ways to make this more dynamic in the next while. Storage of ammo value so that rapid-cycling wont reset the counter, for example. Once I can get *that* working as needed it should be easier to justify a more serious curbing of required energy. A reload button will cost the use of Alt fires though. Tough call, there.

13. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

My take on that assertion
    Code:
    eye:roll(script.updateDt())
    Now...

Yes if we edit all this clearly different stuff to get similar looking code, then we get... No. Just no. Also no.

if/then statement and an API call. THEFT!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D
    You are using the same API to attempt to do the same basic thing, and you're SHOCKED that the code might end up similar? The nicest thing I can say here is... DUH!!

Thing is, if even you go reinvent the wheel, your end product will look an awful lot like... a wheel. Funny how that works!
    Oh please they're JSON patches... pretending that's content is a big stretch (let alone "stolen" content). All your JSON patches (from any author doing anything) will look more or less the same obviously. How one typed them or copy/pasted them... irrelevant because they're just simple JSON patches no matter how you slice it. And no, a difference of white space doesn't make it a different patch. That's beyond grasping at straws here.

It is clear that Sayter took one thing, and one thing only from you... an idea. And then he expanded on it. As they say -
    But "stealing your mod"... no LOL. Just the idea behind it. You aren't actually a victim here despite your clear yet hopeless belief otherwise. And maybe laying down these facts makes me a jerk here, but judging on your friend posting about some DMCA nonsense just now (which inspired this post), you really, really need to be set straight on this and your nonsense needs shut down hard. You DO NOT have anything resembling a legitimate case, nor even a decent reason to be mad. And that's really the nicest way I can put it. You started with a conclusion, and worked backwards to "prove" it... quite poorly at that. Take a real big step back, and evaluate it objectively. Then accept reality for what it is.

14. KaluNaama

KaluNaama Seal Broken

Damn this is good. Like I said earlier, I never played Starbound before and about a week ago I started, directly with FU. I been playing average 10 hours per day (I go to work and sleep the remaining 14h)

Something I noticed with Mechs, when I kill stuff in space, they drop the red and pink flasks. Why do they both restore Mech health? Health is red, fuel is pink. I would think the pink drops should restore my fuel instead? Is this intended?

Last edited: Jan 13, 2020
  15. Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

Hey, all. I'm just dropping in to say that whilst posts like this are more or less okay, they can easily turn a discussion hostile. There's no need to stir up old drama when things are quieted down or settled. Here's a reminder to keep things civil. Thanks.

Sock_Bunny likes this.
  16. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

Thanks Iris.

Taphy, Sock_Bunny and Iris Blanche like this.
  17. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

thanks for the reminder: red is *intended* to just be HP, while the other is "both" i think. If i recall though, one is "backwards" or at least mixed up and i keep meaning to look into it. Its minor enough that its largely a non-issue though.

18. whydoineedtosignup

I think it would ultimately be worth doing that, as losing an alt fire for the benefit of being able to craft powerful ammo (maybe even ammo types, making the weapon you make last as long as the power of the ammo) would be worth the tradeoff imo. Energy weapons using energy makes perfect sense, but having projectile weapons use energy too is a flaw of starbound that i've never been able to get over.

whether you fix it or not, keep up the good work.

19. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

yea, its a tough balancing act. Ammo types would be nice, but i dont think ill take it quite to the Psionic Ejector level. I'm more interested in just making RNG weapons in general a more interesting find with a lot more randomness to them.

20. whydoineedtosignup

Have you thought about making some RNG weapons that have dual stats? Some i think have alt fires that might do a different effect but i mean more they shoot projectiles that deal 2 or maybe 3 damage types, and maybe applying one or both as a status effect. one advantage of rng weapons ironically is they can sometimes be more powerful than weapons you make yourself (happens to me all the time) but they are also rather boring at times.

Just a suggestion since you brought it up :)