1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED FrackinUniverse 6.4.22

Enhance your starbound experience in every area. Massive mod.

1. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

There's a patch out there for it on steam. Not sure if its here on CF though. Many Tabs is not compatible with FU either, and also needs a patch file.
    Removing extended GUI would also fix things, but wont solve your issue :)

2. SrsBznz

SrsBznz Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Oh thanks, got it working with the GUI compatibility patch.
    Didn't know it was a thing since I've just been downloading stuff from here and like you said it was only on the workshop.

3. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

Yea, some of the patches are only in one specific place, which can make things difficult for some users (moreso those on GOG who don't have steam, etc)

Glad you got it worked out. It should be fine now. From what I hear the patches fix it all up.

4. Nikolaiex

Nikolaiex Space Hobo

Hello? Whenever I try to download the .zip from GitHub the file's corrupted and doesn't download properly, is there any fix for this?

5. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

You are under the impression that your connection has anything to do with me. Alas, it does not. Just keep trying. Github has never caused issues, so keep at it. Worst case, try the steam release.

6. Umbra420

Umbra420 Cosmic Narwhal

Not sure if this belongs here or in FR, since it seems like FU has its own race selection extender but FR adds the long descriptions detailing a race's pros and cons.

I've got this tiny issue with not being able to read the racial descriptions of the races available to me unless they're in the top two rows or along the bottom, with half or more of the description(their physical/cultural description + pros and cons of playing as them) disappearing up into the void of the edge of my screen. It's been an issue since forever, and I've played them long enough that I don't need to read them and it's not game-breaking at all, but it would be a nice thing to be able to view it in its entirety. Is there a way to force the mouse-over description window to fit the screen or am I doomed to never see the full desc?

I suppose a second option is to remove the mouse-over window and add another window at race selection that appears to the left or right of the game's current windows once you've selected a race and can be scrolled, but I wouldn't even be able to tell if that's a possibility or not.

7. Silverbane7

Silverbane7 Pangalactic Porcupine

i think i have that too. its probably because im using a low resolution compared to normal people (i have a 19" monitor...yes, i know, its <current year> i should be on a 30" screen or bigger, right? :rofl:)
    im not actualy sure what my in game res is set to, but i expect its small, at least, compared to the screens many other people use.

however, i do remember seeing a playthru somewhere on utube that had each window pop up in the middle of the screen. that might be a UI mod, have you looked into those?

8. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

There is virtually nothing I can do about it, really. I can't even script the racial tooltips since they are hardcoded. I had to replace the default image to make it fit, basically, but cannot do anything else to it.

9. Constantinople

Constantinople Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Sayter, I could use your advice on something. In the metaphysics research tree, I was able to unlock the autopsy table. However, it does not seem to have much use as I can only get cadavers by opening avian sarcophagus', which are sparse and hard to come by. Is there any other way to acquire cadavers or is that it?

10. Constantinople

Sayter, I could use your advice on something. In the metaphysics research tree, I was able to unlock the autopsy table. However, it does not seem to have much use as I can only get cadavers by opening avian sarcophagus', which are sparse and hard to come by. Is there any other way to acquire cadavers or is that it?

11. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

Bodies appear in random loot, as well as sarcophagi, in a few places. Some places can be seen fairly commonly, such as avian ruins and the like.

There are also other uses for the table, if you find certain resources and try them there.

There will be weirder shit to carve up on them eventually , as well. But currently cadavers are quite useful. Remember: you can also cut up the *individual pieces* that are producd from the cadaver as well. Its a multi-layered process :)

12. Constantinople

Yeah but if we are speaking about the madness tech tree, why not just let people harvest cadavers from enemies? I mean you are killing them after all. So if your going to go and murder NPC's for their brains, why not let people harvest their corpses as well.

13. Constantinople

Sayter, I just created Anti-Neutronium, and I get this unknown artifact. But I have no idea for what to do with it. Can you please tell me the next step.

Thanks.

14. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

Nope. That's for you to figure out.

Because that would result in far too many corpses, and isn't how I want it to operate. This ain't a Sociopath Simulator :)

15. Constantinople

Well lets see, we kill people and extract their brains (and the sapients give better brains). We toss the brains into a machine that extracts the neural energy. We autopsy bodies, and keep the stuff, including the hair and wrappings. And you are going to say you doing want it to be a sociopath simulator. It already is dude.

All I'm saying is that if your going to go this route, don't half A it. Just be honest and go all in or nope out altogether.

16. SrsBznz

SrsBznz Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Is there any way to make a terminal connected to multiple storage units read all containers at once?
    Wiki makes it seem like linking the containers to a repeater should solve the problem but every time I interact with the terminal it appears to switch. Anything such as taking an item or adding/removing a search term letter makes it check a different container.

I have 4 containers, 3 filled 1 empty and the terminal will quite often show no items at all, so my assumption is that in those instances it connected to the empty container.

"Since the Repeater is connected to all the wall chests, any connected Terminal will see the contents of ALL the wall chests as well. NOTE: Terminals are unreliable due to chunk loading issues." - https://frackinuniverse.fandom.com/wiki/Item_Network
    So have I possibly wired it wrong or is this caused by chunk loading issues?

17. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

I'm not half-assing it. I do not want every single NPC to drop a corpse you can harvest, leading to near-infinite corpses. Just because you think it should be a certain way does not mean it will be made to function that way. I have no desire to re-scope the loot on 500 types of NPCs when it isn't how I want things to work in the first place.

18. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

No idea, since I have no concept of what your setup even looks like.

19. Constantinople

I was not suggesting that every monster in the game drop a cadaver. I was only suggesting that it be a rare drop from Sapients (Apex, Humans, Avians, etc). Of course, I was not aware that it would be such a pain in the ass for you to do that. But it would still be cool. As it stands, the autopsy table to kind of worthless. I don't need it to max out my madness. I can just complete quests, go to atrophous worlds and consume books instead, and those books give me more madness then autopsying bodies, esp considering the rarity of coming by them.

20. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

Except it isnt worthless. It does many things, if you think to experiment with it :) It doesnt need to generate madness to be useful. Most madness related stations dont create much of it. That's the job of paintings, sculptures and books.

There are also reliable ways to get cadavers. You just haven't found it yet. There is also a rare shop that sells nothing but corpses that can appear from time to time on some biomes.