1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED FrackinUniverse 5.6.3693

Enhance your starbound experience in every area. Massive mod.

1. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

no idea wtf those tiles are. Not my issue though so I don't care about them.

The banner thing is an easy fix. ill do that up thanks.

2. TheClydeFrog

TheClydeFrog Space Hobo

Hey Sayter, love what you do and all the work you've put into this. I appreciate your approach to hand-holding in games and push people to explore for themselves. That outlook is pretty clear on the various forums where you have no patience for people who fail to read mod descriptions and seek out their own solutions. Help those who help themselves, right?

Anyway, my question is about updates and compatibility: steam automatically keeps workshop content updated, so do I have to worry about any big changes affecting the state of my game? I don't know how to prevent it from updating, and while I like your taste for balance, I'd prefer that recipes not change mid play-through.

3. Silverbane7

Silverbane7 Pangalactic Porcupine

the only way to avoid auto updates is to manualy install all your mods, or the mods you dont want to update im afraid.
    alternately you can do the same thing, just for the unstable branch, since that cannot use the workshop, and keep an identical setup of workshop versions on your normal starbound.
    though any time the chucklefish folks update the unstable, you have problems. which is why i only allow games to update when i play, so when i see an update i can check whats going on and choose to backup ect befor booting the game.

4. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

5. tigerfestival

tigerfestival Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hey Sayter, it's me again, and another issue seemed to rear it's ugly head, for some odd reason the motherpoptop dies shortly after spawning. I'll upload my log but this error might be the indicator as to what the problem may be.

[05:03:51.972] [Error] Exception while invoking lua function 'update'. (LuaException) Error code 2, [string "/monsters/walkers/adultpoptop/monster.lua"]:153: (StarException) Lua Exception caught resuming action node selectorActions in behavior monster: (LuaException) Error code 2, [string "/scripts/actions/builders.lua"]:105: (StarException) Lua Exception caught resuming action node supstunned in behavior selectorActions-2024509010848: (LuaException) cannot resume a dead or errored thread

Not sure what it means TBH since I'm a noob when it comes to this sort of thing.

Attached Files:

6. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

yea, thatll happen when you install conflicting mods. Not an FU issue. Whatever it is causing it, it edits monster behavior. Likely Suppers Combat Overhaul. Realistic Life is also conflicting (and outdated, as it was deleted ages back and isnt even available anymore). As is the Enhanced Storage Hoarder Addon.

7. tigerfestival

OOF! Thanks for filling me in though, I'll just have to rub the mods out then.

8. matthew57778

matthew57778 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Enhanced Storage Hoarder Addon is now in the same archive as Enhanced Storage now i believe.

9. tigerfestival

It is, upon downloading, as for my issue, it's been completely squashed, it was Sentient Supper's Combat Overhaul mod that caused the MotherPoptop to die upon spawning.

10. matthew57778

matthew57778 Subatomic Cosmonaut

11. Tomasdav

Tomasdav Void-Bound Voyager

Well I have FU latest version and the cavern quest can´t start even when I have personal tricorder if you bypass this quest you get no mechs in outpost instead of FU mechs parts there are Perfectly generated items

12. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

Sounds like a mod conflict, or you have the tricorder in your toolbar. But most likely a conflict, since you are seeing PGIs and shouldnt be, as they wouldn't be affected in such a way.

13. Tomasdav

Tried on freshly reinstalled version with only FU still can´t get into cavern even when having tricorder and console command to finnish quest and going to outpost, on mech table is PGIs with reciepe requirements for FU mech parts

14. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

and yet you cant be bothered to follow instructions and attach a log, so I won't be helping you. Follow the directions for reporting issues. Thanks. Until I see a log, I won't be responding to any more questions about your problem.

It should be noted: FU will not work on starbound versions under 1.4. If you are using an illegal outdated copy, that is the reason why it isn't working.

15. Tomasdav

I have regular version 1.4.4 from GOG this is log with other mods installed with the cavern enter issue, not sure wheter there would be not working mechs in log too

Attached Files:

16. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

No you don't. Your log directly states:

[12:22:04.401] [Info] Client Version 1.3.3 (windows x86_64) Source ID: c21069b204d626bfe673a047a2100d2fcd0766d4 Protocol: 743

Upgrade your client. 1.3.3 will no longer work with FU, period.

17. JoshyBoy

JoshyBoy Space Spelunker

I have no idea how to download files from GitHub. Can someone give me the rundown on what I'm suppose to do?

18. tigerfestival

You click on source code, look at the screenshot.
    source code.png

19. JoshyBoy

JoshyBoy Space Spelunker

Thank you. Do I need to do anything else (besides unzip the folder)?

20. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

unzip into /mods/
    done.