1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.
  2. Hey Guest! Our new game Wargroove has released! Check out the forums or wiki for more information!
    Dismiss Notice

RELEASED FrackinUniverse 5.6.292

Enhance your starbound experience in every area. Massive mod.

1. Silverbane7

Silverbane7 Pangalactic Porcupine

That depends on whether you use the steam version with workshop mods or manually install the mods yourself really.
    Assuming of course when you say "upgrade" you mean to get the latest version of the mod installed.

I know that there are two files at the bottom of each of the GitHub update posts, and I personally use the zipped file version to update.
    What I do is I open my mods folder, move the current frakkin folder to a storage folder on my desktop. Then I unzip the newest zipped file into the mods folder. Run my game and play for a while. If nothing breaks or crashes I can then safely delete the older folder from its safe storage. I do it this way so I don't have to try to remember which was my last zip as I keep all my zipped mods to archive later. ( it can be a pain, but its great when older games become available as downloads etc and you still have mods and files for them. I recently found an old CD with a few dungeon siege mods that still read, which was great as many of those old sieglets are no longer available for downloading.)

Hope this may be of use to you, whydoineedtosignup :)

2. pyro000

pyro000 Void-Bound Voyager

3. Moor Al-Malik

Moor Al-Malik Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hey, me too. I got the same problem. Once I installed the latest version of FU, the game always fail to start after the "Protectorate" icon loading screen.

Edit:
    Nope, nevermind. I fix it. I erase all of the file in the storage, except the universe and player file, and it fix everything. I can now play it.

@pyro000, maybe you want to try it. It only reset your settings.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2019 at 5:34 AM
  4. stardusk9

stardusk9 Void-Bound Voyager

does research tree affect my gameplay?
    i saw an option to unlock carbon alloy but its already unlocked from carbon, so it does nothing at all?

5. Unkalibriert

Unkalibriert Void-Bound Voyager

There is a unique weapon named "Kyle" that is described as a dagger type weapon in the tooltip while beeing a ranged weapon (it shoots darts as projectiles). It's item name is "sniperknife2". Not sure if this is intentional or not.

I found another enemy that sends me back to my shipworld in version 5.6.291, which has been present in earlier versions as well and is not listed on the changelog of 5.6.292. I think they are called Flintlings. These spawn on volcanic worlds. They sometimes spin while not moving and result in the teleporting error.

screenshot of the enemy in the wild: https://i.imgur.com/mgfkYDY.jpg
    log: https://pastebin.com/v7iz3p7N

6. FicklePickle

FicklePickle Void-Bound Voyager

The research tree does nothing for now, AFAIK.